96gt

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
Go with the 4.10s they are the best on these high reving SOHC and DOCH motors. you wont be sorry. Also go with a PI swap if you can afford it. While you have it torn down put some aftermarket cams and valve springs and such in there. You will be happier with the PI swap its worth the money.

thasalvoo

Well are you staying N/A or going Blown??? If you do the PI swap it will bump the compression! Is this a daily driver? What numbers are you looking for?

Dallas_5.0

Established Member
i'm gonna try to stay N/A...but later on down the road i'm thinking about adding a turbo!
and yes it is a daily driver....i want atleast 300-330 hp natural...i guess around 400 with a 100 shot

Dallas_5.0

Established Member
i'm looking at the compcams XE274 cams....listed as a Rough idle...i wonder how rough is rough....

dallaspony

Established Member
I have 4.10s and auto im running about 2500 rpms at 70 miles per hour thats pretty good I would go with the pi heads and bullit intake thats what I have. I have 4.6 SOCH at 600 ponys. Its got more than that but its a good start for you.

Why doesnt this forum have a place for sale just woundering?

Last edited:

dalamar_96

Established Member
Dallas_5.0 said:
i'm gonna try to stay N/A...but later on down the road i'm thinking about adding a turbo!
and yes it is a daily driver....i want atleast 300-330 hp natural...i guess around 400 with a 100 shot

Sound's like the PI would work good for you then, you'll be happy with it.
You won't get 330 NA. With ported heads, a good cam & good tune you should get close.
Nitrous or turbo from there.
Your next limit is the rods, at about 450 rwhp.
after that your tranny and axles are the next weakest parts.
Depends on how much power you want to push.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread