'97 Bondurant Cobra - Fun Cars?

werstlna

Established Member
What do you guys know about the '97 Cobras used in Bondurant's school? Here's the eBay link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SVT-...oryZ6236QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Would this be a cool car to own or would it be beat all to hell? 29k miles is a lot for a track car, but with a newish drivetrain would you trust it to not be completely worn out? The bumpers and paint show some obvious scuffing so this wouldn't be a show car, but with the track mods it seems like a fun driver to me. What do you say?

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
I think it would be more worthwhile for the collectibility/rarity than for any daily driving. Probably a barrel of shits'n'giggles on the track though.

Jefe

Established Member
30k miles of abuse by people who probably learned how to drive it while driving it. Avoid them...it would be funny to see how much repair work goes into 1 Bondurant car

Track car = Yes
DD or anything else = No

Last edited:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I was under the impression that, due to the deal between Ford and Bonderant, they couldn't be titled as street cars...at least, that's what I heard from someone who had one as his dedicated track car.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I almost bought one for a track car2 years ago but they wanted a little much for them.
This isn't bad for a track car and they were well maintained.

kingcato

Drunk Ninja
Established Member
30k miles of abuse by people who probably learned how to drive it while driving it. Avoid them...it would be funny to see how much repair work goes into 1 Bondurant car

Track car = Yes
DD or anything else = No

agreed...

Jefe

Established Member
I was under the impression that, due to the deal between Ford and Bonderant, they couldn't be titled as street cars...at least, that's what I heard from someone who had one as his dedicated track car.

I think youre right. You cant license these for street use

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Yeah, pretty sure you can't title them. Someone on here was thinking about buying a maruader or something from Kenne Brown or Bondurant a while back, but it had a full cage, fuel cell, and couldn't be titled. Good only for the track, and you better buy a trailer.

Edit: After looking at the ebay article, if I had the money and time to do a lot of open track racing, I'd jump on that in a heartbeat. New crate motor, gears and rebuilt trans? Its got so many extra parts and is already setup for road racing. Not a bad price for a toy if you ask me, just needs some new wheels and tired, plus a rattle can paintjob.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread