97 Cobra (stock) vs turbo Civic

89shoyamaha

Established Member
I was making a left on the main street and while waiting for the light a new edge GT vert. pulls up to make a left. He doesn't make eye contact so I left him alone. The light changes and as I roll through I see an import of the Honda variety but think nothing of it. A little down the road he pulls up and I hear the bov. He is grinning ear to ear and we decide to go from a roll. I am in 2nd when we hit it and I immediately pull 1 & 1/2 cars. I am elated and surprised I thought he would have did better. He catches up and says 1 more time again same results. We catch a light and agree for one more I caught a bad launch but still pulled on him but not as strong as from the roll. We catch the next light and chat for awhile and the driver and passenger both own Stang's and were driving a friend's car. The driver's car was a 331 stroker with a procharger! Also the Honda had Nitrous but the bottle was empty thank God!

crazycarlo

Established Member
HAHA I miss the VA street racing. I used to race on the road by Oceana all the time. Got spanked by an RX-7 there. Neways good kill man.

StangJason

Established Member
Yes Stang owners do drive Civics...My beater car is a 97 Honda Civic I drive about 70+ miles round trip to work and back...it has a whopping 106hp and weighs 2600lbs with me in it according to the guy at the city dump that weighed vehicles that brought garbage to throw away.

Users who are viewing this thread