97 cobra vortech s trim help

CrawCobra97

Established Member
Hey guys been thinking of doing a vortech s trim Build thinking all said and done it should cost about 3k and I'm hoping for anywhere from 400-425 to the wheels what all do I need for the build though like supporting mods

green99_svt

Established Member
42lb injectors, a big fuel pump( you will get different opinions but 255lph will be cutting it close) a larger maf sensor, a tuning device like an sct xcal 3, and a custom tune. This would work for a standard 7-8 psi non intercooled system. Optional items would be a boost gauge + wide band

CrawCobra97

Established Member
Cool not a lot really, now from what I'm seeing it's seems that something like a KB is the easiest and cheapest way to supercharge is this correct, I would like to do a vortech but not sure how hard the install would be considering relocation of things

green99_svt

Established Member
Go to vortech' website and download the install instructions on pdf for free, that will give you an idea how hard it is. It's pretty easy

CrawCobra97

Established Member
I checked out there website and there is a lot of great info on thier and it is fairly easy to do!! I was amazed on how well it works with our factory motors, but I've heard you can find these kits out there used for 1,500 compared to there 4K lol, but where could I find these for this price where should I be keeping an eye out. And would the used kits matter about the ecu they give you with kit? Or is there a way around that

CrawCobra97

Established Member
I have been doing some reading and researching and still haven't found a good place to find good used superchargers, I'm almost thinking of just buying the 2.1 kenne bell from there site for 3700 come with everything

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I have been doing some reading and researching and still haven't found a good place to find good used superchargers, I'm almost thinking of just buying the 2.1 kenne bell from there site for 3700 come with everything

I hate to use the dirty word but Corral.net has a specific power adders classified forum that is a good source for used parts. If you are patient you could probably get injectors, pump, head unit, mounting bracket, discharge piping, coolant crossover, power pipe and bypass valve for around $2k or a little less. You will have to get a dyno tune after you get the supercharger and fuel parts installed, there really is no other way around it.

CrawCobra97

Established Member
Yeah I have been doing a lot of reading and I think to start of I'm going with the 2.1 kenne bell it will get to were I want power wise, and if I want more il have to forge the internals anyways...everything to setup the kenne bell should be around 4500, including supercharger, meth injection, bap, and 42# injectors which I haven't found a wide selection of I found 44# ev1 injectors would those be okay to run?

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Yeah I have been doing a lot of reading and I think to start of I'm going with the 2.1 kenne bell it will get to were I want power wise, and if I want more il have to forge the internals anyways...everything to setup the kenne bell should be around 4500, including supercharger, meth injection, bap, and 42# injectors which I haven't found a wide selection of I found 44# ev1 injectors would those be okay to run?
Eww. You can run ev6 injectors with adapters. 47's would be a good fit. You'll never be able to spin the blower hard enough to need 60's

CrawCobra97

Established Member
Cool good info I'm a little bit of a noob, but you think my setup would be safe for a 4v for 8 psi from a 2.1 kenne bell kit, with boost a pump, 47# injectors and a meth kit? I'm only looking for about 400 whp right now

cbrown9064

Established Member
Keep in mind with the KB and our heads, no one makes an intercooler (after cooler). You will be heating up the air big time. If you want more power later, you will have to spray meth or do a head swap with cooler.

Put some 60 s in there. Then you are done. Get a tune from a local dyno tuner or someone with good creds "mail order". There are several good tuners who work remote. Don't use a BAP or FMU or mafia. Just get a 255lph pump and tune it proper. Will be loads of fun!

cbrown9064

Established Member
Cool good info I'm a little bit of a noob, but you think my setup would be safe for a 4v for 8 psi from a 2.1 kenne bell kit, with boost a pump, 47# injectors and a meth kit? I'm only looking for about 400 whp right now

I am running 10psi. It is all about fuel and timing. Go lean on top end....buh bye. Too much timing...buh bye. I could blow up a motor running 4 psi with a bad tune.

Also, I use a. Quarterhorse and Binary Editor, fwiw. Find your tuner and ask what they prefer.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I'd piece together a Vortech if I was you, be patient and buy the right stuff you need, most kits have inferior BOV's,injectors,piping,MAF's etc.. I'd do 60's with a slotted MAF like a BA5000.

CrawCobra97

Established Member
I have thought about a vortech, but reslly they can push way more power then I need right now, they are a lot more expensive then a kenne bell setup too, for right now I'm just looking for a really fun street car and the kenne bell gives me good power for a fairly simple setup

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member

I hated my v1strim. Also just a thought I got my complete 04 engine for 4500. If I had to do it all over again I would have just done the engine swap in the first place.

CrawCobra97

Established Member
Wow now that's really interesting!!! That's about where I am now with a kenne bell setup how hard was the swap? And do the 03 motors have the same internal problems? And did this come with the factory supercharger on the motor

Users who are viewing this thread