98 cobra. need help ASAP!

93SHO

Established Member
i am looking at a 98 cobra. it is in rough shape on the outside. both rear corners have hit trees and the skirting is coming off of both sides. both tail lights busted. front bumper in bad shape and paint is crappy all over. couldnt look inside but from what i could tell the leather is all cracked, and didnt look too well taken care of. waiting on a call back to see if it runs and shifts. i will put more info up when i talk to the girl who is selling. where should i start my offer at? shes giving it 2 weeks and selling to the best offer. need help asap.

95PGTTech

Established Member
agreed. a clean MYSTIC on here with new paint is fetching like 6K or something.
avoid the problem, you're not saving yourself enough to warrant the effort.

93SHO

Established Member
i wasnt looking to spend that much. i thought with the amount of damage that i would be looking at closer to 1k. hopeful thinking though. i am looking for something to gut and do a little engine work on and take to the track. origional thought was a v6 and drop in a v8 but this popped up so figured i would give it a shot. thanks.

95PGTTech

Established Member
i wasnt looking to spend that much. i thought with the amount of damage that i would be looking at closer to 1k. hopeful thinking though. i am looking for something to gut and do a little engine work on and take to the track. origional thought was a v6 and drop in a v8 but this popped up so figured i would give it a shot. thanks.

this would be a good motor/trans donor, but I'd never make something this hit into a track car. you'd want something very nice and straight for that.

if you could get it for 1K, that'd be worth the motor/trans/harness.

93SHO

Established Member
^ thats a good point that i hadnt thought of. i have found a v6 model with no engine/tranny. worth looking into. thanks a lot.

95PGTTech

Established Member
from doing what I do with street cars, you wouldn't believe how out-of-straight even a daily driver old person car is from just 25-50K of street use never even really getting on it just everyday pot holes hills and what not. I could not imagine trying to square a car that was hit in the back in any way. through the floor subframes, rear suspension, cage would be a NIGHTMARE.

honestly, if you could get that car for 1K I would immediately part it. seats, wheels, brakes one way. motor/trans/ecu/wiring harness to a restomod easily fetches $4k used to fetch $6K before this turndown. sell the rear complete for best offer. easily make your money back in a few weeks and pocket the rest. think of it as buisness from the start and you won't feel bad about it. fund your own shit without getting tied up in some ten year project.

93SHO

Established Member
from doing what I do with street cars, you wouldn't believe how out-of-straight even a daily driver old person car is from just 25-50K of street use never even really getting on it just everyday pot holes hills and what not. I could not imagine trying to square a car that was hit in the back in any way. through the floor subframes, rear suspension, cage would be a NIGHTMARE.

honestly, if you could get that car for 1K I would immediately part it. seats, wheels, brakes one way. motor/trans/ecu/wiring harness to a restomod easily fetches $4k used to fetch $6K before this turndown. sell the rear complete for best offer. easily make your money back in a few weeks and pocket the rest. think of it as buisness from the start and you won't feel bad about it. fund your own shit without getting tied up in some ten year project.

thanks a lot. this is my first true "project" so any advice will be well received. so thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread