99/01 cobra Power Steering hose, Help

In2myCobra

Established Member
I've looked all around for this hose almost every where. Autozone, napa, pep boys and even Ford. The part is apparently discontinued. Its the hose that goes from the Reservior to Pump. For now I have it siliconed and duck tapped for a temerary fix. If anyone has one or knows where to get one that would be great!

Thanks in advance.

B565Dhs.jpg

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Have you tried one of the dealers on here? I had an extra one but cut it up to stop two hoses from touching each other. Worst case you can get the hose from an 03 and recock the input on the pump to make it work. I know Ford still sells that hose cause I bought one from them last year.

Zemedici

Established Member
Check with Steve at Tasca ford, he's a vendor on here. He can make sure 100% that the part is indeed discontinued, as mistakes sometimes happen. If it is indeed available, he sells at employee pricing I believe.

NicksGTR

Established Member
2V to 4V conversion

When putting my 99 Cobra motor in the 03GT, I never disconnected anything. Kept the reservoir, pump and hose all connected, including the bracket. In other words the 2V hose is the same. If the 2V hose is discontinued, try one of the 99-04 2V forums for a good used replacement.

In2myCobra

Established Member
I actually went to napa and got a flexable hose (same size). I got 2 feet of it so I could cut it to size. Fits perfectly now, and has less bends.

Users who are viewing this thread