99 Cobra LT Header install ?'s

Soybean55

Established Member
I currently have a o/r pypes x pipe with magnaflo hi flow cat exhaust. Is it possible to use the x pipe I have on or do i have to buy a new one? Also which headers give the best ground clearance? I have Eibach springs with no isos and it is really low. Thanks

Mineral_01'

Established Member
You must purchase a new mid pipe (X or H pipe). The stock mid pipes are formed upward to reach your stock shorty style manifolds. With longtubes the mid pipe mounting flanges are parallel with the ground making your x-pipe usless. I am currently running BBK longtubes with H&R sport springs and have plenty of ground clearance. Also consider the fact you will have to drop the K-frame to install longtubes. With experience, you can have LT's installed in about 3-5 hours.

Last edited:

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
I have MAC longtubes. While the car has bottomed out from time to time, I don't think I've hit the collectors on the headers yet.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
I have mac lt's on my 96 cobra and I have yet to scrape the headers. I suggest just buying a new midpipe and selling your current one.

GoatSlayer

Banned
MAC longtubes here. You are going to need a new mid-pipe. Mac dont make those mid pipes but lethal i think is the only place that is selling mid pipes for MAC longtubes.

99riodragon

Established Member
if cash is an issue you can install the headers and have an exhaust shop modify the x or h pipe.i did it and cost about 75 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread