99 cobra vs 2007 350z

16kOrBust

Established Member
At least you kept it to within a car. Better than the four he pulled on you in one gear last time around. I'd get it on the dyno and see what the results are. Go with a dynojet and SAE corrected numbers so you're comparable to what many other people post up. Dynos vary, but you should at least be able to see if something is seriously wrong with the power it's putting down.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Well the 07+ 350Zs are pretty quick, but with your mods you should have stayed even with him considering he was stock. Sounds like your car has issues.

also if 350z's stock are running low 13's it should be an even race....(i dont know much about them though....assuming 350 means 3.5l???? lol)

They HAVE run low 13s in amazing negative DA conditions, but that's not what they do on average.

Last edited:

arc00ta

Established Member
FWIW, my sig is wrong we calculated the rear gear by speed and rpm and it has 4.10's or 4.30's not 3.73's like the previous owner told me when I bought it. It runs 3000rpm at 75mph in 5th, which is way too high for 3.73's.

04HillzGT

Established Member
HR Z's are making 260ish at the wheels stock. The new Z's are making anywhere between 280 to in my case 293 (with test pipes only) at the wheels. Unfortunately there isn't much track times posted by drivers yet but I'm sure that'll change this season. Frankly its not a match without F.I. for the Terminator but I could see it giving 2000-2010 GT's and older pre 2001 Cobras a good run. I ran with an SRT8 Charger the other day, he got the jump on a roll since I didn't even know we were running I didn't see him I just never let up, from 1st-4th he never pulled....surprising.

GreySVTSnake01

Established Member
FWIW, my sig is wrong we calculated the rear gear by speed and rpm and it has 4.10's or 4.30's not 3.73's like the previous owner told me when I bought it. It runs 3000rpm at 75mph in 5th, which is way too high for 3.73's.

So a bone stock 350z walked you with 4.10's? Dude, please sort your car or your driving skills out. Don't post about anymore of your losses until you do. Thanks!

03machstock

Established Member

You have 4.30's.....get your car checked out again if it still wont pull on him.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Yeah you deff need to get ur car checked out man. I have a 98 cobra and before i added the blower i was running with those when i had just boltons and stock gears. Id deff put it on a dyno and check the tune out if it has one and if not then id get one. And to be certain jack the back of the car up and check the gears by turning the tire and watching the driveshaft.

wma8706

Established Member

Do you know how to drive your car? Is your traction control turned off? Are you sure the 07 350z was bone stock? Get your car checked out. A properly running 99 cobra with the fix, bolt-ons and gears should be running a little quicker than a bone stock 07 350z that is capable of running mid to low 13's in optimal conditions!

arc00ta

Established Member
Do you know how to drive your car? Is your traction control turned off? Are you sure the 07 350z was bone stock? Get your car checked out. A properly running 99 cobra with the fix, bolt-ons and gears should be running a little quicker than a bone stock 07 350z that is capable of running mid to low 13's in optimal conditions!

I don't consider myself a pro but I'm a pretty damn good driver. And the traction control is always off, it doesn't work for whatever reason. I'm already in the process of selling the car, going to be getting something else rather than try to figure out what is up with this thing. It has been to two local mustang shops and the dealer just to be sure, and nobody can find anything wrong with the car. Opposite of a factory freak maybe?

AssassinoGrigio

Established Member
Wow Im quite surprised... I've ran neck and neck and more times than not have beat 350z's in my 01 Bullitt w nothing but 3.73's and a K&N drop in....

blacksrt

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRBL5-rzkbE"]YouTube- 2007 350z vs LS2 GTO[/nomedia]

This is my experience with a slightly modded 07 350z.

04HillzGT

Established Member
I autocrossed with one last week didn't record it though forgot the memory card in my laptop. All I can say is that it wasn't pretty, GTO's are great for drag racing but other then that....oh well I can't knock a car for not being good at something it wasn't really intended for.

arc00ta

Established Member
Well they finally found something, today I had it scanned again and it came up with p0602 Control Module Programming Error. Not sure what that means but the dealer says I need a new ECM.

arc00ta

Established Member
Quick update, got the computer reflashed at the dealer and then uploaded my SCT tune into it and it feels like I gained about 100hp. SOTP dyno says huge improvement. It feels like a whole new car.

Cursed_9d8

Established Member
Did you decide not to sell it now?

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae85V7unGXo"]YouTube- 350z vs Mustang GT[/nomedia]

Last edited:

mrxr250rider

Established Member
good to hear you got your issues straightened out.

theres a kid around here with an 03-05 350z,not alot of fast cars around here im hoping to run into him one of these days. im pretty sure its an auto.

i have confidence i can take him down in my 97 cobra or it will be real close

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Quick update, got the computer reflashed at the dealer and then uploaded my SCT tune into it and it feels like I gained about 100hp. SOTP dyno says huge improvement. It feels like a whole new car.

Nice $400 fix. Kind of scary no one found the error sooner.

RACE your friend again...I say you by 1 car length in rematch

Users who are viewing this thread