99 Taurus SHO...Cheap, but broke!!!

matted2thefloor

Established Member
Don't know if this goes here...but ...

I've been talkin' to a guy from another forum that has a 99 V-8 SHO for sale CHEAP!!!!!!! But...it has had the intake cam gear slip resulting in the need for a new cam, gear and some exhaust valves. Are these cars worth putting the money in to fix or just leave it alone?

I can pick it up real cheap...I'll be doing the work myself unless it takes a wadd of special tools to re-time it, and I also work at a dealership so I can get the parts at dealer prices!

It's said to have around 100K...
Lookin' at it as a "flip" car...not to keep around afterward!!!

:shrug:

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Parts are hard to come by for these motors. I am in the middle of fixing my POS '96 SHO. I've been waiting weeks now trying to find a valve lifter spacer. Hell they can't even get the exact size I need any more. I am to the point where I might just part the thing out and take the loss.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Nope. Once the cams slip on the cam gears, the motor's ****ed. Buy yourself one with welded cams.

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
Leave it alone, it's not worth the money you'll put into it. First its new heads/motor, then it's new transmission, etc. Parts are not cheap either.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
You should be paid just for listening to his offer. Once the cam sprocket takes a walk, you are screwed.

Users who are viewing this thread