99 Vert found, looking for advice!

deadlink

Established Member
Hello, I am a previous cobra owner and now been without one for 3 years, and I am looking to get into another one.

Would a 1999 White cobra convertable be reasonably priced at around 13K with onlly 63,xxx miles? It's never been modded and from what I can tell it is a reasonable price for the shape of the car. I am currently in afghanistan so this is why I am asking about advice and also as I am not the best with mustangs having owned 5 LS powered cars before. Thanks for the help guys.

-Matt

Last edited:

2001 white top

Established Member
funny thing about Mustang prices, they're all too high when buying and too low when selling. Are you buying it because you like it and want it, or will what you paid keep you up at nights loosing sleep stressing that you paid too much.?? If that's the case, find another hobby...if you're convinced what you are looking at is worth thousands of $$'s less that the seller's asking price, it's best to find another one in that price range, and get ready to be disappointed...

http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/1999/Ford/MUSTANG-V8-5-Spd-AT/Convertible-2D-Cobra/Values

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Is this from a dealer or private seller?

13k for a dealer is about right but as others have said its too high. I'd spend 11k on it if it was super clean.

deadlink

Established Member
funny thing about Mustang prices, they're all too high when buying and too low when selling. Are you buying it because you like it and want it, or will what you paid keep you up at nights loosing sleep stressing that you paid too much.?? If that's the case, find another hobby...if you're convinced what you are looking at is worth thousands of $$'s less that the seller's asking price, it's best to find another one in that price range, and get ready to be disappointed...

1999 Ford Mustang Convertible 2D Cobra Prices, Values & Mustang Convertible 2D Cobra Price Specs | NADAguides

I used NADA, KBB, and WBG. All averaged about 4,000 dollars difference ranging from 11k to 18k. So I am asking what a reasonable RETAIL price would be for a 63K mile Cobra vert from experienced owners. I don't care what I pay as long as it is justified.

Users who are viewing this thread