99 vortech gt vs 08 bmw m3

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
Just wanted to know who you guys think would win in a 50 roll? This guy ik with an 08 M3 talks alot of s**t about how his car is insanely fast and how it would blow my gt away... this m3 is stock by the way and i am making 410 rwhp and 406 rwtq... from what ive seen these beamers are good for a mid 13 in the quarter mile stock and my car is low 12's all day and to say the least doing a pull would defiantly benefit me... so what do you guys think would happen?

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
It should be a good race but I bet he walks from you slowly. Do it! Is it a stick or SMG?

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
I feel from a 50 roll i should be able to pull on him but i guess theres only one way to find out... it would be nice to pull on a car thats worth 10 times more then my GT :banana:

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
If it is a 7spd DCT he'll slowly walk you is my guess, if it is the 6mt should be a good race.

Start below 50, like 30, the higher the speed the more he is going to walk you.

Stock the 7spd DCTs run mid 12s.... fyi

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I'll give this to the GT if he can drive. Hope the M3 is stock... near stock..Let the M3 talk all day...if he loses it makes it much worse...

Cut some weight if you can but aren't GT in the 3400 pound range??? M3's are pigs now I believe but roll races don't affect weight as much as a dig IMHO......don't feel like looking stuff up to confirm weights...

primetime

Established Member
Just wanted to know who you guys think would win in a 50 roll? This guy ik with an 08 M3 talks alot of s**t about how his car is insanely fast and how it would blow my gt away... this m3 is stock by the way and i am making 410 rwhp and 406 rwtq... from what ive seen these beamers are good for a mid 13 in the quarter mile stock and my car is low 12's all day and to say the least doing a pull would defiantly benefit me... so what do you guys think would happen?

E9x M3's are high-mid 12's fairly easily, not mid 13's... Also, your sig says 12.5 @ 116 so how do you figure you're good for low 12's? Anyway, you should be able to take him until high speeds and then he will creep away, depending on what gears you have...

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
I figure low 12's because my the speed i trapped in the quater is good for low 12's and the only reason i wasn't at low 12's is because i wasn't launching my car

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Why am I the only one to say I think you will beat him? Your lighter and make more hp - tq

yeah agreed.. the m3 makes like 416 or whatever FLYWHEEL horsepower. you're at 410 to the wheels. All because it's a 2v mustang doesnt mean it's slow. so you will have a pretty good horsepower advantage. You will be shifting A LOT sooner than he will though.

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
I think i will win but by no means do i think i will be pulling on him... do u think a 50 roll is too high and maybe i should start off in second gear from a 30 roll?

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
What rear gear is in your car? I would make him race my race.. Pick the speed that works best for YOU and math should take car of the rest.. Just hope he really is stock..

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Damn it kind of sucks when someone with a modded car even has to ask these questions. Can they stop making new cars so fast.... I feel like I own an lt1 again. :(

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
Ive got 3.73's, i am thinking a 3rd gear pull so there's barley any spin but i am done talking about it iam just gonna do it sometime this week and let you guys know how it goes

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
from 08 up m3 don't use smg anymore. they use DCT which shifts much faster.

Ah yes...that is what I meant. Sorry. Those BMW's have insane pull away power at high speeds. If I were you I'd go from a 40 roll at a very high RPM, shift the crap out of it on the first shift and see if you can put enough distance to keep him there. I bet if you go over 100 he will creep by you.

Users who are viewing this thread