a/c compressor?

blwnmstc

Established Member
I was driving the mystic the other day and i turned on the a/c cuz my some was asleep and noticed that it started to make a whistle noice, i pulled up to my house and noticed that it was smoking from the compressor. I guess it took a s**t. my question is, can it be repaired or should i just get another one? Any help would be great cuz summer is about to start in CA

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
You have to get a new accumulator and orifice tube when you replace any a/c component. Rockauto.com is the cheapest place to get them. And I just get the line with the new orifice tube since it only a little bit more than the orifice tube itself.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
isnt the clutch/pulley assembly replaceable on these? Im pretty sure when I looked for a Mach1 the assembly is around $150, you can get the removal tool from the loan a tool programs and swap it out...then you dont have to deal with evacuating and recharing the system (this is assuming the heat didnt damage anything).

also, ive never heard of replacing the orifice tube just because you opened the system, if the compressor has failed internally then you would need to along with a good system flush

jmsa540

Established Member
isnt the clutch/pulley assembly replaceable on these? Im pretty sure when I looked for a Mach1 the assembly is around $150, you can get the removal tool from the loan a tool programs and swap it out...then you dont have to deal with evacuating and recharing the system (this is assuming the heat didnt damage anything).

also, ive never heard of replacing the orifice tube just because you opened the system, if the compressor has failed internally then you would need to along with a good system flush

Sorry for the thread bump but my 6 month old compressor just took a crap out on me today.. literally sounds like a rod knock when i turn the ac on.. I have a brand new orifice tube with liquid line and drier.. Do I need to replace those also or not?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry for the thread bump but my 6 month old compressor just took a crap out on me today.. literally sounds like a rod knock when i turn the ac on.. I have a brand new orifice tube with liquid line and drier.. Do I need to replace those also or not?

With that kind of failure yes, without a doubt

Users who are viewing this thread