a/c leak test- DIY or Dealership??

Cobraonr

Established Member
I've put up with no a/c the past few years, living in Maine its not a big deal, but black leather seats and once I install the L/T headers that will diff raise the interior temps. Is there a DIY test or better off going to the dealership?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
AC stuff tends to either be 1) you get lucky and its easy or 2) you wanna set the thing on fire and jump off a bridge

To test at home is difficult, its hard to find a leak just putting the system under vacuum and pumping it full of freon and dye can get expensive, especially if you dont already have a set of manifold gauges, vacuum pump etc. There are also plenty of places you just cant see the dye even if there is a leak

Id look for a local AC shop with a good rep and if there isnt one then consider the dealer (even if you just pay the diagnostic then repair it yourself and have it recharged)

Cobraonr

Established Member
Thanks DSG. I'm going to the dealership for this one. I'll reply with the results, but first I need to pull her out of storage still. Ugh! To much going on.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I know the feeling, if I never dealt with an AC problem ever again it would be too soon....says the guy that needs to put new valves on both high and low side ports and recharge the system after the motor swap :cryying:

Users who are viewing this thread