A Closer Look At the 2013 GT500

91svtbird

Established Member
we'll see. i'll wait for some reports to come in from the urban jungle before i'll believe that the intercooling system won't need/see some sort of benefit from an upgrade. i certainly don't believe that SVT under-intercooled this car, but the vast majority of factory FI cars see a benefit from an intercooling upgrade, even on a stock engine during regular summer driving.

I Didn't say the system couldn't benefit from any new found improvements just that fans weren't one of them and based on the new 13' HE size and capacity certainly an aftermarket HE isn't needed.

One such improvement that I plan to be doing is swapping out the factory one (1) qt IC reservoir tank for the larger three (3) qt one that matches the stock cooling system tank.

Stock 1qt tank shown here
2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-engine-1024x640.jpg

3qt Shown Here After
20100610001.jpg

Last edited:

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
I Didn't say the system couldn't benefit from any new found improvements just that fans weren't one of them and based on the new 13' HE size and capacity certainly an aftermarket HE isn't needed.

One such improvement that I plan to be doing is swapping out the factory one (1) qt IC reservoir tank for the larger three (3) qt one that matches the stock cooling system tank.

Stock 1qt tank shown here
2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-engine-1024x640.jpg

3qt Shown Here After

20100610001.jpg

It should have come that way from the factory. Very nice! :thumbsup:

specizripn

Established Member
Fans are not needed with this HE and could possibly even hurt performance of the unit by being a restriction especially at high speeds. Did you know it's common for Ford to turn off the engine fan in their tune when speeds exceed 35 mph as it is not needed.

This HE in the 13' GT500 dwarf's the C&R aftermarket GT500 HE in it's size.

Really? If I recall someone from evo or lethal performance said that a duel fan kit would be made available and would increase the cooling efficiency... Hmmm, now I'm interested to see how this whole thing turns out if people test out a setup.:shrug:

finsrin

Established Member
An oil change "feature" after having FE and 4.6L engines is rear of pan drain plug. Drive onto ramps and leave it to drain out completely with drain hole at lowest point.
Is also a "feature" of Studebaker V8.

Users who are viewing this thread