A couple of questions please..

04blksnake

Established Member
I am new to the L scene and pretty uneducated at this point but I'm lerning more each day. Can anybody tell me the size of blower pulley that comes on the 03/04 Lighhtning stock from the factory.. I got a killer buy on a Amazon Racing 2.80 steel pulley yesterday ($10) but when I held it up to the stock pully it looks to be the same diameter...I have a Cobra so the money isn't a total waste but the plan was to put the stock lightning pully on the cobra and upgrade to a smaller one on the lightning... Did I screw up or what?
I plan on a tensioner of some sort on both vehicles and of course a chip for both but i don't know what else from there.:read:

04blksnake

Established Member

Would I be "safe " putting this pulley on without a chip? I know I'd have to chip/Predator it when I go with the bottom pulley. .013 doesn't seem like mit would make much difference..?

04blksnake

Established Member
Thanks for the info Larry.

Of the two...Flip chip or Predator which would you recommend...you seem to know your stuff about these trucks.
Cost is not an issue...also do you need someone to program or flash the Predator initially? Would you recommend someone please?

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Re: Thanks for the info Larry.

Originally posted by 04blksnake
Of the two...Flip chip or Predator which would you recommend...you seem to know your stuff about these trucks.
Cost is not an issue...also do you need someone to program or flash the Predator initially? Would you recommend someone please?

Call Rick at Amazon Racing. www.AMAZONRACING.com

:beer: :beer:

99RedSVT

Established Member
my buddy has a 03 cobra as well and he bought a stock lightning upper pulley and put it on his cobra and he said he made soem good gains..

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
The 2.8 should gain 1.5-2 lbs on your L but belt slipage will be a problem. If i was you i would put the 2.8 on the cobra nd buy a 4-6 lower for the L. THis would be the best pulley combo for both cars.(i have a 4lb lower on my L and a 2.8 upper and4lb lower on my cobra) Ihad a 2lb upper and 2lb lower on my L but went with the 4lb when i got the cobra so i could put the 2.8 on it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread