A couple QMP exhaust pics for you.

Trader

Established Member
I just had to take some pictures of the car today. Now the car sounds like it performs. It sounds like it has balls.

QMP%20005.jpg

not of the exhaust but i just love this pic.

QMP%20001.jpg

another rear shot.

QMP%20004.jpg

I was so close to getting rid of the car. I know this sounds weird but now that the car actually sounds mean i love it. I am kind of funny that way.

Trader

Established Member
Originally posted by lachj1
Just how loud is the qmp exhaust? Is it simliar to any of the exhausts out right now?
I have the off road x pipe. Loud? yes very. nascar loud at WOT. It keep me from opeing up on the street when i am not sure if there are cops around.

Just cruising around it has that old school muscle sound. It turns heads whne you pull up to a light. I went out to one of the local hang out spots and was pulling in to the parking lot. There were about 100 or so people there with their cars. Everyone snapped thier heads to see what was rolling up. The exhaust makes that " i have arrived sound"

Trader

Established Member
Originally posted by Corner-Carver
You know your blocking half of the air flow to the IC heat exchanger with that plate location?
If i ever go to the track i will take it off. I rarely ever open it up around town and drive it hard. I was more concerned with not drilling my bumper than anything else. I will not be owning this car forever and reselling it without any holes in the bumper is a plus for me.

Ido not know if there is any way i could tell if the air is being blocked.

CuLaTeR

Established Member
You were going to get rid of the car cause the exhaust didn't sound right? I would have gotten rid of those rims before anything else. Those rims off the bullit?

Trader

Established Member
Originally posted by CuLaTeR
You were going to get rid of the car cause the exhaust didn't sound right? I would have gotten rid of those rims before anything else. Those rims off the bullit?
They are bullit knock offs i got off of ebay. I just had to do what i could do to change the look of the car a little. I should have waited for the color i really wanted. I just wanted the car so badly. Then once i got it i would look at it and go "bleh" Loved the power but the looks were just plain.

Just trying things to set it apart. Two other silver ones in my city. Alot of people do not like the black rims. I like them

I might get a new wing and hood next. In stock form the car just does not do anything for me visually. I was thinking a mach 1 wing in gloss black and a cobra r hood, sometint and i might love it.

It is fun to play around with the looks and get it to were you actually like to look at the car and go " mmmmm"

Brad

Banned
I noticed the right side of your exhaust (the IRS bends in the tubing is what I'm talking about, not the tips) hang down at a slightly different angle then the left, I have this problem too. No matter how many times I jack up the car, and fix it, within a drive down the street or two it settles back to that funny angle. :gt:

Trader

Established Member
Yes when you look at them they are not even. Same thing happened on my formula. I just friggin gave up. I might try some tighter hangers or something.

davidmax

Established Member
Try fabricating the shortestfat hanger you canthat will cinch it real tight.Weve fabbed so many for F boddies they all seem to fit nicely on the Vette its the Stang/F-Bodies that take a good 30-60 minutes to hook and tig weld the hanger to the pipe.Dave S.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice looking pipes. I especially like your wheels, though. Sweet!
:burnout:

SStupid

Established Member
Wheels

I give your wheels a big :thumbsup: as well. I think they look great. I love that black-rim-on-silver-car look. It just means you have good taste.

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
Trader,
I've got the same QMP exhaust. Matter of fact, I bought the 03 that QMP had as their test car. Having it shipped to Hawaii right now!:-D It has practically every part QMP makes for the 03 on it! Yea, it siound pretty freak'in bad:coolman: Actually QMP has been really good to me. The owner Rob is very helpful Check him out at quartermileperformance.com The 03 I bought from them is at www.ls1motorsports.com/cobrapage.htm

Users who are viewing this thread