A dream come true...then shattered!

Hawk1680

Established Member
So where to begin. Im 21 years old and i just purchased a 2004 Lightning. DSG 8000 miles...awesome deal. So i use my money from Iraq to purchase it. Everything is going good, about to drive down to 29 palms where im stationed to return to duty. Im also about ready to start modding the stock beast. Well im on the 405 at approx. 1:00 pm on the 9th going to visit a friend at Irvine. when traffic hits the brakes hard. I Slow down just fine and realize that im probably gonna get rear ended. I look in my rear view mirror and see a black ranger hauling ass towards me. As time slows down i watch him slam into me going 40-50 MPH. So anyway the damage is pretty bad and im hoping its totalled so i can get a new one thats not gonna be all ghetto rigged. heres a few pictures. The bed hit the back of the cab and dented it pretty hard and the driver door is off alignment. pretty sucky situation if i do say so myself.

Image Host with PicTiger

Last edited:

203Cree

Established Member
Eh, that'll buff right out. It doesn't look that bad from the pics. Deffinately seen worse that were saved.

DarkShadow Drew

Boost Addicted
Established Member
That sucks, those are the worst accidents when you can see it coming and it all slows up. Good luck with the truck.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
damn, it held up good. i hope everything goes the say you want it too.

chiz

FordFanStan

Established Member
Damn that really sucks dude. Hope either your insurance takes care of it the right way or you can get a new one like you said. You already had insurance on it right? How long after you got it did this happen? The PINK hummer limo in the bg is gay. Do you ever go down to the low desert when your in 29? I know all you military guys love "Popes" lmao.. Stan

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
Man that SUX!! It still has dealer tags on it,i definitely hate to see that happen to anyone especially a fellow Lightning Brother.You know what to do when you get hit in the rear end by another vehicle? Grab your neck and scream,"don't touch me call a ambulance"! :lol1: :-D I'm just kidding about that, there's enough sue crazy people out there.Hears to you getting it worked out,and for serving our Great country! :beer:

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Ouch that blows... It didnt hurt the Calif. sticker on the window though right? Damn I love that bear...

Best color IMO too... Hopefully they do ya right!

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
definitely sucks! doesnt look bad enough to be totalled but then again there could be a lot more damage than shown in the pics. good luck with whatever happens man. sorry to hear about this!

Jubei

Established Member
That B@stard!!!!!! He completely took the new out of that truck. Like everyone said thats definitely fixable from the looks of the picture.

kromdom

1KWKTRK
Established Member
glad you are OK and best of luck with getting the truck good as new soonest. BTW, I got orders to 29 Palms myself and will be reporting sometime in NOV-DEC this year. Hope to link up with you then!

H46D

Shark attacks up
Established Member
Those gay sunglasses must have blinded him. I am glad your truck is not totaled and I am sure a body shop can fix you right up. I woould have had a tough time keeping my cool.Especially if it was fresh of the lot.What is it w/ those Californians and white sunglasses.I thought those died out in the early 90s.At least he did not have a mullet.

Last edited:

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
H46D said:
Those gay sunglasses must have blinded him. I am glad your truck is not totaled and I am sure a body shop can fix you right up. I woould have had a tough time keeping my cool.Especially if it was fresh of the lot.What is it w/ those Californians and white sunglasses.I thought those died out in the early 90s.At least he did not have a mullet.

Watch it bub, plenty of cool L owners in Calif. And just so ya know the frames of my sunglasses are BLACK.

Users who are viewing this thread