A Few Crash Pictures From Road America (GT3, C6 Z06, etc)

SpdKilz

Established Member
Went to Road America this weekend with some friends from my car club Shocker Racing ( www.shockerracing.com ). Had a blast (didn’t race but was a spectator) however a few nice cars crashed when we were there. There was a mean sounding C5 coupe that crashed on the first run of the day. One of our members Brandon actually wiped out into the grass going 120+ (the black C5 Z06 I’m going to post).
I didn’t get pictures of a yellow 03 cobra that had some rear quarter panel damage but was able to be driven still.
The two big wrecks were a very nice looking GT3 and a SICK C6 Z06 that was TEARING up the course the entire day. Below are a few of the wreck pictures…

C5 Coupe
01.jpg

02.jpg

Porsche GT3

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

C6 Z06

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

Some Random Pictures…

1337 haX0r !!! haha

11.jpg

Just a small part of Shocker Racing
12.jpg

Sounded great!

13.jpg

- Carleton

jlauth

Established Member
How does insurance work in these situations. I am sure that it is dependent on company and coverage. Do most insurance companies have insurance for cars that go to the track. I have always wondered what would happen if I were to wreck at the drag strip.

My94GT

Established Member
you have to buy special insurence to cover this kind of stuff. i forget what comp. offeres it but i know its a bit expensive last i looked. most normal polocies wont cover it becuase of the type of driving and high risk involved.

basically you wreck your pocket eats it. part of the hobby

SpdKilz

Established Member
To be honest, I think regular insurance does NOT pay for wrecks in this situation (or shouldn't pay). You have to get some type of special insurance to cover these events I think.

However, in the video of the yellow Z06 blowing up (I'm sure you allll have seen it 100 times) that was my club president...and his insurance did in fact pay for it.

We were discussing this topic over the weekend actually...because a few other people in our group wanted to race but would want to get insurance to cover it so I'll let you know what they find out.

[edit] Just beat me! haha

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Looks like these people need more seat time. Sheesh

davidsk5018

Established Member
My insurance said as long as it was not competitive racing, they would cover it. If there was an instructor riding with me, and it was driver education, then they would still pay for it. I have never tested that though....it was USAA, which might explain a little because they tend to be much better than your average insurance.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
How does insurance work in these situations. I am sure that it is dependent on company and coverage. Do most insurance companies have insurance for cars that go to the track. I have always wondered what would happen if I were to wreck at the drag strip.

You lie, and get a police report on some road near you.......Racing is NOT covered by auto insurance.

Blkss13

Established Member
Man, that sucks. All these cars were expensive cars and now after the crashes they look like crap. Well I guess they have money to play with.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
wow i hope it wasnt driver negligence or wrecklessness... of course with cars like those, im sure they had the green to throw away anyway. really cool pics. good post

TT91

So Slow
Established Member
Those cars certainly were TEARING it up...That sucks, Im headed to Watkins Glen for a two day event in two weeks, hope to have better luck then these guys.

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
I cant wait and hopefully i get to go next year. BTW I sell Race gas VP and Torco and my prices are quite a bit cheaper than what they sell up there. Just a heads up next time when your on your way up. I actully had a couple guys call friday about getting some fuel for the RA race but i didnt have any on hand. ( i will now)

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
It depends on the policy. As someone else stated, typically as long as its not a timed event, and an educational setting they may cover. I ran into this last month, ironically like the vette I was number 37. I'm just going to eat it as its not that b ad and don't want the policy to go up.

OneFastSnake

Established Member
Just say you veared off road and fell in a ditch, or hit and run.

Thats what we do on track days with our bikes. Gaurded thats its a bike rather a car but same concept.

Users who are viewing this thread