A Few Crash Pictures From Road America (GT3, C6 Z06, etc)

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
Pretty sure the yellow Cobra was already damaged at a previous RA event, and yea these guys got the green, if anything their pride gets hurt a lil more than the car in most cases. Poor guys, :bowdown:

GTPvsSVT

crunk
Established Member
Its not like you crashed it on purpose. You ACCTUALLY crashed it, granted it was on a race track thats why people pay for full coverage insurance.

You crashed it doing something that you don't pay premium for....you need to re-read your policy....

An insurance company will deny you coverage weather you are racing on a track, or on the street. nobody crashes on purpose, except those committing fraud.

Lloyd's of London is one ins. company that insures race cars and other non-standard items:beer:

01vert

Established Member
Jeez, cant believe that some are critical of cars crashing. Most would say nothing if a motor or rear blew during a 1/4 mile event. Breaking and crashing are part of 10/10ths racing. If you never have a crash or break something you probably arent going fast as the car will allow. I would rather see a wreck with no injuries or a 1/4 mile run than a motor blow on a dyno.

hate to see the damage but when the one you mention was tearing up the track you know the guy was pushing the limits, good for him if he can afford it.

As to insurance fraud, you just admitted on a public forum that you have committed a felony, not smart. I remember a couple years ago some people got denied claims becuase their insurance company found their names and cars registered for some events that they had posted on the internet. Might have been SAAC events maybe? sure others will remember better than me.

OneFastSnake

Established Member
Never said Ive done it, I said "we" as a biker comunity, have done it. I cant go outside right now and drop my bike on the ground and call up my insurance company and tell im I need to have it fixed.
I donno might be different on cars.
But if these guys can afford a Z06 GT3 im sure they are not worried about weather or not their insurance will take care of it.

TT91

So Slow
Established Member
As to insurance fraud, you just admitted on a public forum that you have committed a felony, not smart. I remember a couple years ago some people got denied claims becuase their insurance company found their names and cars registered for some events that they had posted on the internet. Might have been SAAC events maybe? sure others will remember better than me.

Mitsubishi was denying their EVO customers with warranty work because they were seen at the local drag strip.

TT91

So Slow
Established Member
And another thing, all the cars have similar front end damage, do you know the cause of the accidents?

SpdKilz

Established Member
I honestly do not know where the C5 nor the GT3 wiped out. The C6 wiped out in the below pictures.

Sorry for the LARGE WIDE picture...put two pictures together to show you the track and where he hit.

14.jpg

15.jpg

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
Jeez, cant believe that some are critical of cars crashing. Most would say nothing if a motor or rear blew during a 1/4 mile event. Breaking and crashing are part of 10/10ths racing. If you never have a crash or break something you probably arent going fast as the car will allow. I would rather see a wreck with no injuries or a 1/4 mile run than a motor blow on a dyno.

hate to see the damage but when the one you mention was tearing up the track you know the guy was pushing the limits, good for him if he can afford it.

so if its 10/10ths of racing why would anyone ever bring out any car worth more than 10 grand? I mean its just dumb to go pay over 100k for a car just to take it out and wreck it......then its all the sudden cool because he pushed the limit of a car that is almost glued to the road......sounds frickin ridiculous to me....actually really stupid waste of money....somebody should learn how to drive and take care of it....Sounds just like a little child who ends up tearing up every toy his mommy gives him......

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Ya they were all tearing it up, tearing the walls up :nonono:

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
I crashed my 94 Cobra back in 2000 on the track. Hit the wall with the right front, cracked the widshield, broke the a-arm and bent the front subframe (lots of other damage)....My buddy worked at a body shop and he helped me rebuild the car. I paid to fix it all out of my pocket. It hurt...my ego and pocket, but knew the insurance company would just laugh at me or probably cancel me. I took a risk, crashed and stomached up to it. Car looked better when we were done anyway.

Last edited:

TT91

So Slow
Established Member
looking at that picture, he negotiated the corner/apex wrong, lost it coming out and spun into the wall.

racebronco2

Established Member
My insurance said as long as it was not competitive racing, they would cover it. If there was an instructor riding with me, and it was driver education, then they would still pay for it. I have never tested that though....it was USAA, which might explain a little because they tend to be much better than your average insurance.

A member here (mouran) used to have a mach1, he totaled his car in socal at an autox event. Car was covered because it was not racing and he was not timed (svota loaned us the timing equipment but the track was to long and narrow and the connections were not long enough) even though we used a stop watch.

01vert

Established Member
so if its 10/10ths of racing why would anyone ever bring out any car worth more than 10 grand? I mean its just dumb to go pay over 100k for a car just to take it out and wreck it......then its all the sudden cool because he pushed the limit of a car that is almost glued to the road......sounds frickin ridiculous to me....actually really stupid waste of money....somebody should learn how to drive and take care of it....Sounds just like a little child who ends up tearing up every toy his mommy gives him......

So F1 drivers never crash? Indy cars? Nascar? World Rally? Whats the average cost of one of these cars? maybe a mil?

According to your logic no one with a car worth more than $200 and with more than 88 hp should go to the quarter mile since stuff can break. So a car thats fast in the quarter can't be pushed to the limit? Should I call a guy who grenades his rear in a launch an idiot because of the damage? A car blows up on the dyno around here and no one cares but a car hits a wall and they are all over the driver? I dunno, a car made to run laps hits a wall and this is a waste of money yet breaking at the quarter is ok? Truly I dont care if a guy crashes his car if he can afford it at a track, better there than on the street. Thre are PLENTY of people to whom corvette money is small change.

Most that run at tracks that I have seen have money themselves, take racing school, enjoy their cars. Few that have "toys from mommy" run at real tracks, mostly just act like asses on the street. If they were on the street and hit a pole I would call them idiots but at a track, hey, they knew the risks.

Never meant this to be an argument about tracks or a hack on the posts about people not driving but part of racing is breaking, no matter what the forum. Most on here have their cars and push them in some form or another, whether in handling or acceleration or both. Kudos to them. No matter what you do parts will break, I dont see a difference between a guy blowing a motor on a dyno, beaking at the quarter or crashing at the track as long as they know the risks and learn from the experience. Everyone starts with the first time at the track.

Just feel thet if these were mustangs that were crashed most here would be sympathetic to the owners, rather than being critical. Plenty of Corvette owners run their cars hard and at a track someone at some point is going to hit a wall unless you are running parade laps. Fluid on the track from an overheating car/ grenaded motor, brake fluid boil, mechanical failure all can cause crashes besides driver error.

Well end of that rant, no offense to anyone if it came out that way just dont understand the logic of bunching up people as idiots because they crash a car different than the ones we own.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread