A few pics from my roll cage build.

yosemiddysam

03 Cobra Vert 10th Anniv.
Established Member
Crestview Fl. Grew up in the good ole Dub V
Well the cage finally went to powder coating today and should be done by tuesday. I wanted a practical roll bar that would protect me but not make the car look like a Toyota pick up truck. I also said it had to work with the Saleen Tonnoue cover. I am implementing some custom subs and amp into the rear seat delete which ties into the cage as well. Before I am asked why I went with solid door bars......I wanted them that way. I hardly ever run with the top up and am not too lazy to jump over the bar. Plus I think it is stronger. I ran 7.5 at 98 at the local 1/8th miledrag strip on ET Streets and have installed some giggle juice since so I figured it was time to make it a lil safer. I will upload more pics when it is installed. We did some custom sub frames as well. Tied everything into the cage, added jack points, the rear end will get new bushings and away we go. Let me know what ya think.
100_1963.jpg

100_1975.jpg

100_1976.jpg

100_1977.jpg

100_1978.jpg

100_1979.jpg

100_1980.jpg

100_1981.jpg

100_1982.jpg

100_1983.jpg

Pete's 03

Where's my eating helmet?
Established Member
Everything looks good but that car deserves better than Audiobahn IMO. I would like to see pics of everything all finished up.

yosemiddysam

Established Member
Is AudioBahn bad???? I have heard nothing but good things about them........ They sound pretty good to mee but I mostly listen to Country. They are nice and shiney and that is what judges look for so ........... what would you suggest for the replacement. I am not sponsored so I can not afford 3 G's worth of amp and subs. I do however have the double din alpine DVD/MP3/yadda yadda yadda head unit.

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
I am thinking you should build me one. Can't wait to see finished pics I really like the design of the main loop, it looks alot like the CDC styling bar, but is functional which I like alot more.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a serious roll cage there. Yeah, I'd love to see a photo of the finished product, too. Nice mods!

95riosnake

Established Member
I will also say I love that main hoop, it definitely looks 1000x better than what most end up with in a vert. The dimple died metal treatment is cool too, I always loved how that looked on AIX-type cars when they use dimple died plates to tie the a-pillar tubes of the cage into the car's a-pillar.

Can't wait to see it all finished! :beer:

yosemiddysam

Established Member
Thanks for all the compliments. I will most definately be adding finished pics. I am hoping this is the final thing to maybe get my car in a magazine. So no one answered about the speakers.....are they crap or what???? I always thought they sounded great.........

yosemiddysam

Established Member
I am thinking you should build me one. Can't wait to see finished pics I really like the design of the main loop, it looks alot like the CDC styling bar, but is functional which I like alot more.

Yeah that is why I had it custom made. No one makes these and I hate the look of a vert with just a regular roll bar. He is keeping the templates for these and should be able to knock them out fairly quick now for verts. I wish I had the room to take pics of the sub frames.....once I get it back I will put it on a lift and show those. It is insane. He tied the cage into the sub frames, added jack points, and tied the sub frames into the from suspension brace. It is kinda neat how he did it.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Thanks for all the compliments. I will most definately be adding finished pics. I am hoping this is the final thing to maybe get my car in a magazine. So no one answered about the speakers.....are they crap or what???? I always thought they sounded great.........

Nope, no good. go with some Memphis M3s

95riosnake

Established Member
If I was going to recommend a sub for you, I would say Boston Acoustics G5's. I have a G5 10 in my dd and it is an amazing sub. It handles 450 RMS and has such a nice clean sound. It also has a very nice, tasteful design for inverted mounting like you are doing. Some parts of it are designed specifically so you can remove them and paint them whatever color you choose. They run in the $200-250 range for 1 sub in 12", and $170-200 for 10"
Here's a pic of one inverted:
cj_sony042.gif

Here's a guy who painted the parts I mentioned:
160_0604_caep_02z+2000_audi_tt_quattro+trunk.jpg

Last edited:

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
If I was going to recommend a sub for you, I would say Boston Acoustics G5's. I have a G5 10 in my dd and it is an amazing sub. It handles 450 RMS and has such a nice clean sound. It also has a very nice, tasteful design for inverted mounting like you are doing. Some parts of it are designed specifically so you can remove them and paint them whatever color you choose. They run in the $200-250 range for 1 sub in 12", and $170-200 for 10"
Here's a pic of one inverted:
cj_sony042.gif

Here's a guy who painted the parts I mentioned:
160_0604_caep_02z+2000_audi_tt_quattro+trunk.jpg

Best ****ing sounding subs!!! I have two of these but i just have one way too much for two of these.

burnout42

Banned
GREAT JOB on that bar! I always cringed when I would see a roll cage in a vert. The round main hoop with the foam over it just makes the car look hillbilly as shit to me. Making that hoop look like a light bar was BRILLIANT! Now if I may give my .02......if I were you, I would look into making some custom vinyl inserts to go in the middle of the top top hoop to cover up the metal. I would make it look JUST like a light bar if it were me.......

Users who are viewing this thread