A good friend of mine got shot in Iraq

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
So I received a text message from my buddy Stan on Saturday. It said, "Hey man I got shot. I'm at Bethesda right now." So naturally I'm concerned. I send a reply and told him to call me ASAP. He called last night and we spoke for about an hour. He sounded horrible and I could tell he was drugged up for the pain.

From what he was allowed to tell me (He's with MARSOC), he got shot in the ankle, point blank, when he was trying to subdue a suspected IED maker. His ankle exploded and now he doesn't have much of an ankle left. They haven't amputated his foot yet but it looks like that's the next step. His mother and his son are there with him but I could tell he needs some support from his fellow Marines. So I'm going to fly up there this weekend and see him.

I just wanted to remind everyone that the conflict over in Iraq is still in affect and our best and bravest are still out there sacrificing life and limb for us. If you're ever in the Washington DC area, try to make a trip NW up to Bethesda. Our wounded warriors would definitely love to see you....

DSG04Lightning

U.S. PARATROOPER
Established Member
Sorry to hear about your buddy.....send him my best wishes

beacuse the news is too busy covering this weeks actor driving drunk.. they dont cover the war too much. it is still going on and not going to end anytime soon! but thats just another VETs opinion

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Tell your buddy GL and hope he heals up ok. I'm going over (again) next year- hopefully we can wrap up the big stuff soon. As far as our presence goes, we'll be there for decades.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Sorry to hear man. When you see him, tell him Ryan from Tampa sincerely appreciates his service and sacrifice.

It takes a special kind of person to put life and limb on the line to protect his country and people he doesn't even know.

16kOrBust

Established Member
I do a lot of benefit concerts with my band but the highlight of them all for me is the Operation First Response benefit concert (October 19th). We're one of five bands playing and ALL proceeds go to Operation First Response, which benefits wounded soldiers and their families who come into financial hardships.

Stories like this one make me glad I can do a little bit to give back and say thanks. It's not much, but it's what I'm good at and it should raise a ton of money, so hopefully it counts for something. Hope your friend heals well.

Last edited:

Slowmofo

Wut?
Established Member
Tell your friend good luck, and hope he has a speedy recovery.

My roomate was hit by a IED about 5 years ago this month. He still has all kinds of problems he is dealing with from his humvee being blown to hell..

Animalmutha97

My mom says I'm cool
Established Member
Sorry to hear about your friend. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I just dropped my brother off Saturday morning to leave for training til christmas. Then in January he heads back to Iraq again

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Good for you going to visit him, give him all our regards and well wishes.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
I wish him well. And no matter what happens, tell him to keep his head high. He will get through it. He and his family is in my prayers.

Gary

MoreBoostPlease

Lifted and Boosted
Established Member
Tell him Good Luck and God Bless. I hope he makes a quick and full recovery.

There is no greater service to our country than being a member of our military. I know I, and every other vet, thank him for his service and bravery.

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
Because of people like him I am able to enjoy and live life the way I do. I try to always remember that when I take a ride on the Harley, go to the beach, or turn a wrench on my favorite 03. Things some people in other parts of the world will never know.

Your friend is a hero!

chevyman95

Established Member
I don't know what he is going through mentally but physically I got ran over by a car while riding my motorcycle on July 7th and they almost amputated my right foot but they decided not to and 3 surgeries later they are now telling me it might not be very functional and later down the road I may want to take it off anyways. My foot got hit at 50mph by a car bumper so its looks like an alien foot right now.

Tell your friend that there will be hard days when he just wants to give up and quit but it wont be long before he is moving around again. I have done tons of research on prosthetic legs and feet and its really not a terribly bad thing. Also tell him that we appreciate his service and his sacrifice for our country. I greatly respect anyone who will lay aside their own safety to defend the freedoms and lives of others. It makes me sick to see these people who don't respect, support, or are too apathetic towards our troops. It is brave men and women like him that have enabled our country to be as great as it has been. It is because of people like him that we are able to have the lives we have today. Tell him to hang in there one day all of this will just be a memory and he will get through this.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Damn that really sucks. Wish him the best of luck in recovering for me. Both my brother and father have been over to Iraq/Afghanistan. When Im commissioned after I graduate, I may head over also.

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
Damn, sorry to hear that he will be in my thoughts and prayers. Tell him to stay strong and hold his head high and we are all very proud of him.
BTW what unit is he with? -Semper Fi.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Sorry to hear about your friend Spencer. We wish him a speedy recovery and will have him in our thoughts and prayers. We are all thankful for what you guys are doing over there and the sacrifice to protect our freedom.

Users who are viewing this thread