A guy's best movie summer ever.

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
I was browsing movie trailers on apple.com when something struck me.

This Summer. 2011 - is the best movie summer in the history of movies. Not due to any ONE title. But each could carry the summer on its own. I am totally as nerdly excited as I can be.

Think of it:

Cars 2, Transformers 3 (no writers strike thanks), Thor, Captain America, Super 8, Green Lantern, Pirates of the Carribean, Cowboys and Aliens (okay, it is probably not in line with the others, but it looks like a fun guy movie), Planet of the Apes, Scream 4 (based on name value. lol), and Conan.

Feel free to add any others that I may have missed.

Sure in the Past we had Superman, Spiderman, Iron Man-hulk-batman, Star Wars, Terminator 2, etc. But I don't think there has ever been this many epic/blockbuster/huge, hit shows in one summer like this. and all of them are must-see!

Definitely an excuse for a single guy to go on quite a few dates (even if she enjoys the movies "slightly" less than I do. lol)

Anyone agree?

Last edited:

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Wow, I can't believe you are mentioning movies on a car forum and you didn't mention Fast Five. Sadly I'm probably going to go see it in a few weeks...

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
No shit FastFive is going to be the start of a pretty epic badass movie season.

I will be there opening night.

Also looking forward to TF3, Green Lantern, Thor and Captain America.

PoTC:Stranger Tides looks eh. Maybe it was the really fake 3D they used in the previews (saw it while in Tron:Legacy 3D) and it turned me off. Unless they just did that for the previews and the actual movie will be far more subtle in its use and depth of 3D.

Trbo6gn1

Established Member
I refuse to go to the movies anymore. After my last experience of listening to 4 very large african ghetto women talk throughout the entire movie i've decided i wont go again. Not to mention the fact that they brought in kfc chicken and biscuits in their purses. No this is not an eggageration or derogatory in nature. It's 100% true. Then when you tell them to shut the **** up they get a stick up their ass and pull the race card.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
I refuse to go to the movies anymore. After my last experience of listening to 4 very large african ghetto women talk throughout the entire movie i've decided i wont go again. Not to mention the fact that they brought in kfc chicken and biscuits in their purses. No this is not an eggageration or derogatory in nature. It's 100% true. Then when you tell them to shut the **** up they get a stick up their ass and pull the race card.

go to a theater in the county..,thats what i would do

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
Unfortunatly this was the county. The inner city bus line runs to all of the county malls.

at this point do what i did and learned years ago- this isnt your responsibility- its the theaters responsibility. tell them to fix it or give a refund

clean93

Established Member

I feel your pain ive been to the theatres in baltimore and surrounding areas numerous times. only time i enjoyed it was during the afternoon in the middle of the week. downtown DC was the same also

Users who are viewing this thread