A little disappointed... Nitrous results

Surfnerv89

Fast?... Kinda
Established Member
Well, I finally got my nitrous put in and tuned. I am currently running a 50 dry shot. After reading everyone elses results. I was expecting low 500's with hp, and high 500's tq.

Before numbers:

hp - 458
tq - 463

My final numbers with N20:

hp- 490
tq - 525

gains of:

hp - 32
tq - 63

Don't get me wrong still awesome number, but just a little dissapointed with the gains.

edit - Next to come is a pressure gauge, and a bottle warmer, maybe that will help

Dyno a few posts down.

Last edited:

Juiced-03

Established Member
Are you spraying before the MAF? Ya I am surprised you didnt see the full 50 shot on the dyno. You sure the jetting is right? What size jet did you use?

Surfnerv89

Fast?... Kinda
Established Member
mods: 2.80, autologic flipchip - dyno tuned, mac prochamber, borla stingers, k&n intake.

I am spraying after the MAF. The jet that was used is the 35. Nitrous Express.

All sets of numbers are SAE. A/F was a flat 11.5:1

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Maybe the n20 tune us too conservative. I've heard that all you should have to do is remove 2 degrees of timing. Ask your tuner what he did to the chip. Something is definately wrong there!

Juiced-03

Established Member
Yep see how much timing was taken out, run more timing and better gas if you have to. Also, the bottle heater idea might be good.

larryc7777

Established Member
Kinda sounds like the tuner may have pulled too much timing out . Since you're spraying after the MAF, he added a bunch more fuel to the nitrous tune on your flip chip(same way I did mine.) You should still be able to run about 21 deg. of timing safely.
WWW.DYNOTUNE.ORG has a very good PRESSURE regulated bottle heater. Also, they have a cool digital pressure gauge that is supposed to be VERY accurate. I use both in my nitrous system.
You absolutely NEED to have a pressure gauge since you are spraying after the MAF. THe bottle pressure must be very close to the same as it was when you had the dyno tune done. The reason being that the fuel enrichment was calibrated for the bottle pressure that you had on the day of the dynotune. If your pressure varies significantly from that figure, then you will go either rich or lean. Remember that the fuel delivery is fixed at whatever the tuner set it at, but the N2O flow varies greatly depending on temperature & amount of N2O left in the bottle.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
He has either yanked alot of timing out, and set it up real sage if he has throw some more n20 to that piece and go with it. Check your WOT Timing on a 3rd gear pull and see what it is. I would say throw the 38 jet in it. NX scales are made for wet shots, but jets are pretty universal.

I know some 03 owners were saying the 35/18 combo that NX recomended was only making 35-40whp on the dyno. Most upped the jet to a 38 and that solved the problem, this could be the case here.

You would be really suprised in the difference in a bottle that has 600-700psi vs a bottle that has 950-1050. The bottle needs to be warm to the touch. If you dont have a heater just fill the sink with hot water and let the bottle set there for a bit, it will have the same effect. I didnt think bottle pressure made that big of a difference when I had my ls1 until I got my heater. After that experience I will never run without a bottle or gauge again when using n20.

Last edited:

Darcsun

Established Member
Err.. you got 32 ponies from a 35 shot... That sounds right. Bottle warmer is gonna help a bit, but not much with that jet. Not sure how the NX kit works (bottle pressure can play a role at times).

Wet or Dry kit? I'm guessing dry since you say it's after the maf (but lil else info). I'm suprised people are using such simple systems on the motors... I'd only go with a direct port on a S/C ride.

I've been using N2O for a few years now... not sure it's right for the Terminator just yet. But I'd like to be proven wrong. I miss my bottle.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by Darcsun
Err.. you got 32 ponies from a 35 shot... That sounds right. Bottle warmer is gonna help a bit, but not much with that jet. Not sure how the NX kit works (bottle pressure can play a role at times).

Wet or Dry kit? I'm guessing dry since you say it's after the maf (but lil else info).

He is using a 50 shot dry kit. The jet size was a .035

cbrtrx

Established Member
surfnerv, we can check your timing and some other things this weekend on my programer if you want, those numbers still dont look to bad though

Surfnerv89

Fast?... Kinda
Established Member
Here's an old dyno sheet.

15829dyno.jpg

Here's the new dyno sheet.

15829no2dyno.jpg

Surfnerv89

Fast?... Kinda
Established Member
We think it's most likely blowout. I am running the NGK TR6's at .034 I think. They were re-gapped last night on the dyno, I'm not quite sure what they're at. It might even be .030

Users who are viewing this thread