A little help, please...catted-X to O/R?

mustangmuscle

Established Member
Hey. I kinda go into this post a little late. However, I had a 2003 GT, I lowered that with Eibach Sportlines and an o/r h. I still had issues with the pipe rubbing once in a while, especially going up driveways. I now have a 03Cobra, lowered with H&R springs, with a catted Bassani X, and still the same issues. The pipe catted or not really won't make the difference for you in my experience. I guess its really the quality of the company, and how well it fits, and how well its installed. Lowering a car, your always going to encounter the same problems of clearance issues. I've just learned over the last few years to be carefull and take driveways slowly and at an angle....Hope that might be of some help to you, even a tad late. . .

Thanks! I really appreciate your taking the time to reply, and give useful info. I realize that I'm gonna scrape, no matter what pipe I go with. Was just thinking that I might save a few bucks by going with an O/R-X, rather than the catted version....lots less expensive to replace, since its gonna get beat up, anyway.....

That being said, I REALLY dont want the car to sound like a farm truck, or to have that awful drone. I'm starting to think that just about any O/R midpipe is gonna drone, from what I've read, and been told. Now, the difficult task is to determine which one will sound best, drone least, and fit nice & tight....

Thanks again,

Chris

MisterChrome

Established Member
does anyone have the details as to the sizing and type of pipe needed to convert the SLP Catted X into an O/R? I believe it a 2.5 inch and I could measure the length of the cat, but how would i get it to overlap with the rest of the midpipe?

Users who are viewing this thread