A lot of LV cobra owners are ricers

Wild Bill

Established Member
This is not really a kill story but still goes under street racing so here goes.I've run into a lot of other Cobras on the street and I've noticed a trend over the last year or so that a lot of the drivers are using ricer tactics.Case in point a procharged black cobra (snkeyes) I ran into a while back.He pulls in behind me and when I slow to say whats up and see if he wants to run em he does nothing.Then when hes about a car ahead of me he hits it,then I get on it and stop his pull he shuts down.So we catch a red and I say lets go on green he agrees but then does nothing on green and turns off.
2nd example is a black 04 on boulder hwy about a month ago I see him pull onto boulder and so I decide to catch up and see who it is.Well as I am within 2 cars of him he takes off like a bat outta hell so I get on it a little and lock him down.We had to stop for a red and he runs it and keeps going.
3rd example was yesterday on sunset near gibson.Im in the 3rd lane on the right that merges into 2 and I spot a grey/black 03 vert behind me.Now I always want to meet fellow SVT owners so I hit it a little to get ahead of traffic and get into the far left and slow down for the 03.I notice too late that he goes wot and hit it when he is about a car back.He goes by me pretty hard but I manage to lock him down and start reeling him in but when Im about a car back my car is getting pelted with rocks from his tires so I let off and figure I'll catch him on boulder.So when I catch up to him boulder he rolls his window down and says "good race".Im like WTF??? That wasnt a race you probably had at least 10mph on me before I even hit it,a race is when you start out even and go at the same time!Then I say give me a run right now down boulder.His passenger is smiling like I just got my @ss handed to me.Well despite the fact that we had boulder hwy to ourselves and it would only take a min the guy says hes got to go then turns off.
Well thats cool if you just want to mess aroung a little then I understand but dont go acting like you beat me.So if you are in LV and see a screaming yellow 04 dont be shy catch up and say hi,but leave the ricer tactics out of it.

Wild Bill

Established Member
:beer:
Wishing4Cobra said:
hm.. im going to vegas this weekend. Staying at the mandalay bay. Maybe i'll see you
Cool I work at bellagio.By the way if you see me dont get excited My girl is pegilyn Im wildbill lol.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
sweet. What do you do at the bellagio? i dont think i'll be doing anything just staying in the hotel. Cant gamble, its a family vacation so eh...

Wild Bill

Established Member
Wishing4Cobra said:
sweet. What do you do at the bellagio? i dont think i'll be doing anything just staying in the hotel. Cant gamble, its a family vacation so eh...
Im a waiter

SoCalSnake

Established Member
Nice...

I'm staying at bellagio over the weekend through july 4th. Can't bring the terminator though, besides, it might overheat in that LV temp.!

Which restaurant in bellagio do you work in?

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Oh you mean ricer tactics.

I keep hearing how terminators in the LV area are visually riced out...

SSDD I guess. Drop a line if you ever come down to Phoenix and want to meet other 03/04 owners.

BM1

Established Member
A lot of people are just Joe Mustang owners that don't know a thing about their cars or how to race someone. There is a lot of that around here too.

Cuban B

Banned
Pegilyn said:
This is not really a kill story but still goes under street racing so here goes.I've run into a lot of other Cobras on the street and I've noticed a trend over the last year or so that a lot of the drivers are using ricer tactics.Case in point a procharged black cobra (snkeyes) I ran into a while back.He pulls in behind me and when I slow to say whats up and see if he wants to run em he does nothing.Then when hes about a car ahead of me he hits it,then I get on it and stop his pull he shuts down.So we catch a red and I say lets go on green he agrees but then does nothing on green and turns off.
2nd example is a black 04 on boulder hwy about a month ago I see him pull onto boulder and so I decide to catch up and see who it is.Well as I am within 2 cars of him he takes off like a bat outta hell so I get on it a little and lock him down.We had to stop for a red and he runs it and keeps going.
3rd example was yesterday on sunset near gibson.Im in the 3rd lane on the right that merges into 2 and I spot a grey/black 03 vert behind me.Now I always want to meet fellow SVT owners so I hit it a little to get ahead of traffic and get into the far left and slow down for the 03.I notice too late that he goes wot and hit it when he is about a car back.He goes by me pretty hard but I manage to lock him down and start reeling him in but when Im about a car back my car is getting pelted with rocks from his tires so I let off and figure I'll catch him on boulder.So when I catch up to him boulder he rolls his window down and says "good race".Im like WTF??? That wasnt a race you probably had at least 10mph on me before I even hit it,a race is when you start out even and go at the same time!Then I say give me a run right now down boulder.His passenger is smiling like I just got my @ss handed to me.Well despite the fact that we had boulder hwy to ourselves and it would only take a min the guy says hes got to go then turns off.
Well thats cool if you just want to mess aroung a little then I understand but dont go acting like you beat me.So if you are in LV and see a screaming yellow 04 dont be shy catch up and say hi,but leave the ricer tactics out of it.[/QUOT
I'ts Funny because alot of so called racers out here do the same S**t.
it's so annoying.
I lost all respect for SnakeEyes :nonono:

Udet

SNKEYES
Established Member
This is the ricer with the black 01 cobra (vortech)

I remember this race pretty well. The first run I was on the phone as I was catching up to you, I ditched the call and hit it when we were pretty close. You were on it as well and I recall a pretty decent run (god knows I didn't pull on you at all) At the light I knew I had no chance (bald street tires...) You dropped it from pretty high and took off through the light leaving me in the dust. I figured a chase was a race, and there was no way in hell I was going to catch you (that thing moved off the line). I apologize if you consider any of this ricer tactics; I don't think that label is even remotely warranted.

stevenscamaross

SVT Pimp
Established Member
Pegilyn said:
Well thats cool if you just want to mess aroung a little then I understand but dont go acting like you beat me.So if you are in LV and see a screaming yellow 04 dont be shy catch up and say hi,but leave the ricer tactics out of it.

WildBill always on the prowl for kills.. hahaha

What's up man? Haven't talked to you in ages. :burnout:

RioRed4v

Established Member
Udet said:
This is the ricer with the black 01 cobra (vortech)

I remember this race pretty well. The first run I was on the phone as I was catching up to you, I ditched the call and hit it when we were pretty close. You were on it as well and I recall a pretty decent run (god knows I didn't pull on you at all) At the light I knew I had no chance (bald street tires...) You dropped it from pretty high and took off through the light leaving me in the dust. I figured a chase was a race, and there was no way in hell I was going to catch you (that thing moved off the line). I apologize if you consider any of this ricer tactics; I don't think that label is even remotely warranted.

ricer bitch :lol:

:-D

TJSwoboda

Established Member
I've seen one Terminator here that was royally riced out, aesthetically anyway. After posting about it here, if it was the same car everyone was thinking of the guy had it modded to the point it was at least an 11 second car... But looks-wise, egad.

Can't speak for their attitudes, as I know better than to race one... :)

--T.J.

01WhiteLight

Established Member
I had a cobra rice me about a year ago while I was driving my Spyder...

I was driving thru town, minding my own buisness when I find myself at a red light with a maroon cobra. I had my top down and was enjoying the day, and this jackass felt the need to do a burn out at this red light. I look over at him and put my hands up like WTF was that all about? He then procedes to hunker down on his steering wheel like he is a jockey in the Kentucky derby... I roll my eyes and change the radio station... the light goes green and he floors it (almost setting his ass end into the side of my car) and he procedes to smoke the tires all the way thru the intersection, not letting off for probabaly 50 yards or so...

I shake my head and then sigh as I realize that we are going to be side by side again at the next light...

THIS time... he rolls down his window and says: "arent you going to ****ing race?"

to which I again put my hands up and try to say "Why? I'm just shy of 300 to the ground, cutting mid 13's at just a **** hair into triple digets... it would only waste both of our gas... you would kill me stock, and I can hear that you aren't stock..."

unfortunatly all I got out was "Why..." and he yells "****EN RICER!!!" and smokes his tires thru the intersection and runs the next red light that he gets to...

Users who are viewing this thread