A new meme

collinzx6r

Fighter of Fire
Established Member
OP, you pulled up behind me the other Friday at the Topperwien/35 light by Biff's. The car definitely catches some attention and is pretty cool to see rolling down the road.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
The OPs car (I believe) started as a v6 and added the Cobra badges and got FLAMED over on some other mustang websites so he went balls to the wall, added a big block motor and all kinds of stuff. This is the lately I've seen. Crazy. Anyways

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member

67902052_zpsvk22xpcv.gif

jsimmonstx

Established Member
Another rough crowd.

Jealousy causes the strangest reactions sometimes...

The OPs car (I believe) started as a v6 and added the Cobra badges and got FLAMED over on some other mustang websites so he went balls to the wall, added a big block motor and all kinds of stuff. This is the lately I've seen. Crazy. Anyways

Well, the haters weren't the reason I did the V8 swap. That was the plan the day I bought the car. I added the blower because, well, I could. The motor (built locally) and was not built with a blower in mind - at all. If it were, I certainly wouldn't have done a 10.5:1 compression ratio. As it was, I built it to be a mild 427 stroker (not a big block, a Windsor), and that seems to have set off a whole new round of hate (still evident 2 years down the road).

I've even gotten hate because I was running non-drag radials on the car since adding the blower (despite the fact that the blower has only been on the car for a week). For the record, my new wheels/tires will be here on Monday.

People should chill the **** out and enjoy the unicorn I've built. It's NOT a race car - it's a show car. *I* think it's pretty bad-ass, and I'm the only one I have to worry about in that regard. It is the ONLY S197 with a SBF and a 6-71 blower - in the world.

Shelby badge update: I traded my Cervni Type IV hood (took the letters off first) for a two inch cowl, and I didn't really feel like dickin' around with putting the letters on the new hood, so I removed them from the deck lid as well. This effectively changed the car from "Shelby Tribute" status to "just another Mustang" (that is, if you disregard the SBF swap and the giant blower stickin outa the hood).

Users who are viewing this thread