A new problem emerges

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
So i've been driving along with this problem I've had for a while. Now its really starting to bother me. Its what sounds like a squeaky shock. It seems to be coming from the back passenger side of the car. It sounds like a little bird chirping whenever i hit a small bump. At highway speeds i dont think its there.. thats just my bad memory and im always driving with the music on to blur out the 80mph vibe :mj:. I could get an in car video. It just pisses me off. Anyone else's do this? Any ideas?

i8u

Established Member
I had a squeak but the humidity around here acts a lubricant. So I haven't heard it lately.

sndmixer

Established Member
I had a squeak coming from the rear... very high pictched and annoying as heck..... turned out that one of the amplifiers in the rear trunk deck was loose!!!!! Took them days to find, but it is gone..... hope this helps...

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
It rained so im not gonna take the car out for some testing but im sure gonna go fiddle with the amp.. thanks a lot man! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
My 95 Coupe had a bunch of squeeks coming from the rear.

The rear seat back latches have a metallic mechanism that were noisy. A piece of electrical tape wrapped around the latch bar cured this one.

In the trunk the liners rubbed against the metal floor resulting in squeeks. A well place towel stops this one. These liners can also rub against the metal frame behind the rear seats. Towels, rags, etc. are helpful here.

Finally the inside rear panels just inside of the rear window rub against the rear tray and rear seat side panels. Some thin self-adhesive window insulation stopped this one.

Good luck finding yours.

:beer:

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
oh dear god.. this is a project.. It wasn't the amps but im going to tape a video of an in-car squeakage.. Thanks for all your help

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
http://151.203.164.57:1300

squeakstang.mpg

it seems to be in the front end. Either the shock or spring. It was much more apparent before it started raining.. Do you think i should spray some wd-40 and drive it hard?

BTW.. i have 3200 miles and got the car july 9th.. :cryying:

Im a bastard, what have i done!? hehe i bought it to enjoy it i guess. Where as the tbird you see in the backround... thats got 1500 and i got that december 18th..

You'll hear my shoes squealin at first.. thats definately not "the squeak".. Its pretty much the sound of an old bed.. so it must be the springs and not the bilsteins. My friend and i listened for noise with a screwdriver (old trick) on the strut tower and determined it wasn't coming from there.. So what do you say fellas? WD-40 on the spring?

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
sorry man, I wish I could be of help to you. If you only had a few miles than maybe it was the springs or something in the suspension. When I got springs/shocks in my gt for a few weeks they squeaked over bumps but it went away. But you have 3200 miles so I don't know. Sorry, if I hear anything I will let you know. Good luck

Daniel Moran

Established Member
My 01 Cobra had a rear suspension squeak when new and I used a NAPA product called silglide on the bushings (a spray can) and haven't heard any noise since. It was recommended by the local Ford dealer.

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
Thanks man. I'll try that.. stupid newbie question. Where are the bushings.. should i just point and spray at the spring? :idea:

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
I watched the video - yeah, I heard the squeek... even though I didn't see the car move.
(You need to eat more meat and taters so you can get some lead in your ass son) ;-) j/k

Could be the shocks (unlikly)... probably the bushings. What are bushings you ask......

rubberthingies.jpg

(sorry, couldn't help myself :-D )

Last edited:

Daniel Moran

Established Member
Regarding the sil-glyde by NAPA, I sprayed the swaybar bushings (bar mounts and endlinks), the rubber rear spring mounts, and basically anything else that resembled plastic, rubber or nylon that,if dry, could produce a squeak when rubbing against metal. The sil-glyde doesn't seem to evaporate like regular silicone spray

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
thanks guys! bwahaha at sn8k.. Well man.. considering i was up till 5 am last night.. I didnt feel like i ate my wheaties at all. Get this.. we found a moped and put a fart can on it.. some stickers and an empty sprite, er nawz can. That thing flew!!! We got burn out videos and everything. Was I able to operate heavy machinery or drive a cobra? Nope.. Was it fun? Yes.. So that explains the fun i had. You should hear the fart pipe on the moped. its hilarious.. heh had to share that would somone

Anyways.. Thanks a lot for your help guys. That freakin picture is hilarious.. "dude, its them rubber thingies" hahaha.

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
Well i went crazy with the WD-40 and nothing happened. Not a damn thing. Maybe i didnt' get all the bushings eh? Dont matter. I think i'll take it to *cue the evil music*.. the svt dealer... Oh yay. i cant wait for them to take a test drive and burn out all over the place! :rolleyes: why o why must i fear the warranty?

Users who are viewing this thread