A new problem emerges

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
Well, if it was me - I would take a trip down to my local muffler shop and raise the car up on the drive-on lift. Stand up there with the car and rock the piss out of it until my muffler man Steve (great guy, did all my exhaust & suspension mods cheap) found where the squeek comming from. Then it's problematic - fix what's squeakin'. :-D

eddy z

Established Member
cooper--I have the have nosie but in the front part of my car... I tried all ideas presented and avoised to me from others, but this stubborn noise would nto go away.. As I type, my car is at Ford to get fixed... I will post results, as soon as I know something.. Standby..

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
thanks alot. This seems like its something we'll or they'll never find out! :( Do you notice that when you turn your wheel all the way to the right the squeak dampens? Good luck

i8u

Established Member
I saw a thread on stangnet. It mentioned one of the front swaybay bushing was causing the squeak. It's worth a try.:beer:

eddy z

Established Member
catch me cooper--I threw out a nerw thread the other night advising all, as i had my car looked over.. the title was"Squeak....fixed.."

Anyways--snk8 called it.. Bushings.. The bushings in my front area on the sway bar, or something like that per the svt tech was defective from factory, and had to be replaced.. That is waht's causing the infamous squeak.. i go back next week to get all replaced as the bushings are on order.

he did mention about the clunk in the trans, meaning, he had others in his shop, both cobras(01 and 03's) and GT's of people asking about it. They just said that's the trans charter. nothing one can do about that. Just turn up the tunes..

a simple fix.. not bad...

cobra23

Established Member
Squeak FIX

Dudes:

I had a dynomax cat back put on today(awesome sound) and when the car was on the lift I noticed that both the front and rear bushings had Factory Installed Grease Fittings !!!

So SVT must have anticipated squeaks

Recommend:
1: Checkif you have fittings

2. Lube as required

Cobra's Rule

Users who are viewing this thread