A pillar color question

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Do you all know if "charcoal" which is the color of the A pillar on cobras is the same as "dark charcoal" on a 03 GT? I think this seller is saying whatever they want to sell the product b/c it looks darker in pictures to me than mine does in person. In other words, did GTs have a "dark charcoal" option for the A pillar and Cobras got "charcoal"? In his listing it says the part is from a GT and it's color is "dark charcoal" but says it's the same as Cobras. No returns accepted.

choate

Established Member
I emailed speed of sound since thats why I'm looking for a pillar. For anyone thats interested its not cobra specific but needs to be 03/04 style because they're thicker and the cobra interior is dark charcoal gray. Alan recommended asking a junk yard and wouldn't pay more than $20 for a good clean one. FYI

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Would love to find a 04 one in a junkyard maybe I'll look when my kids go back to school with me working 2nd I'll have free time. Idk why I just wanna keep my OE pillar in safe keeping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Plenty of info out there on the interior colors:

http://www.terminator-cobra.com/Production Numbers.pdf

And this:

http://www.terminator-cobra.com/interior.htm#Gauge_pod

Which leads to this:

A-pillar%20cover%20cross-section.jpg

And this (Dark Charcoal & Midnight Black are different names for the same color):

Ford%20SEM.jpg

choate

Established Member
Plenty of info out there on the interior colors:

http://www.terminator-cobra.com/Production Numbers.pdf

And this:

http://www.terminator-cobra.com/interior.htm#Gauge_pod

Which leads to this:

A-pillar%20cover%20cross-section.jpg

And this (Dark Charcoal & Midnight Black are different names for the same color):

Ford%20SEM.jpg

Appreciate the info and links. I'll figure it out but it's still confusing to me hopefully by just taking mine to a junk yard to compare in person. What's confusing is the pictures of the different sizes of pillars above look more med graphite to med dark graphite to me. Per SOS, all 03/04 cobras have dark graphite but the color chart on production numbers doesn't call it dark graphite, it calls it "Graphite M2"

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Graphite refers to the seat inserts only. All the trim pieces and carpet are "Dark Charcoal", also known as "Midnight Black".

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Graphite refers to the seat inserts only. All the trim pieces and carpet are "Dark Charcoal", also known as "Midnight Black".

I purchased a can of spray paint from like Dun Edwards or somewhere like that, and it was was a perfect match. It was called midnight black.

choate

Established Member
Would love to find a 04 one in a junkyard maybe I'll look when my kids go back to school with me working 2nd I'll have free time. Idk why I just wanna keep my OE pillar in safe keeping.

I went to my local junkyard to ask. Guy found one in 10 min. Paid $10.00 for it. Took mine with me to make sure it's an exact match

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I went to my local junkyard to ask. Guy found one in 10 min. Paid $10.00 for it. Took mine with me to make sure it's an exact match

I will have to do this one they go back to school.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
After spending some time a the junkyard, I found that the 03-04 A-Pillar is a cross between a vert and coupe. I will post the paint color I used which is dead on for stock color.

Sent from my LG-H918 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

this is correct. The switch in 04 was to the same pillars 03 verts have

As mentioned Midnight black or dark charcoal are the colors you want, it's the same.

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Midnight black & charcoal are the same color? Bc my 96' Cobra CLEARLY has darker black pillars, compared to dark charcoal on my 04'

Edit: 03/04 only, not related to 94-02 mustang

Users who are viewing this thread