A-pillar pod on 2004 modells?

Grombil.com

Established Member
Hi

Im new to this forum and this is my first post. Pleace bear with me on the spelling part... im from Norway :-D

Im a happy owner of a 2004 Lightning truck witch is one of the most known truck in Norway as the carseen goes... I v bougt this truck from previus owner that did all the mods... This winter ill do some of my own mods and one of those is to mount a A-pillar pod for 3 gauges... But they all say i cant on the 04modell? Because of the handle? Cant i remove this and get one anyway ore is it not possible at all on this model?

Trude-280.jpg

Maren-Pettersen-034.jpg

Grombil.com is MY webpage and im the photogapher of all the nice babes :beer:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I have the handle on my 03, I think lotek makes something, just not in a 3 pod.
Nice truck...............the lady too!!!

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Welcome to the site.

I tried the Lotek 3 gauge with removing the handle and it will not fit the 03-04. I have the 1 gauge pillar pod from them that retains the grab handle.

I'm not sure about the Autometer set up.

MORE PICS WITH THE LADIES PLEASE!

Grombil.com

Established Member
Thanks guys

GOTSVT? said:
I have the handle on my 03, I think lotek makes something, just not in a 3 pod.
Nice truck...............the lady too!!!

Iv talked to lotek and tey dont make anything to this year i mean... WHats the option for us with the newer models? A HD stearingcollum pod with a A\f meter... And some homemade pods on the dash?

ANyone with newer models have any hommade mods for this to show of?

Grombil.com

Established Member
RIDE THE said:
Welcome to the site.

I tried the Lotek 3 gauge with removing the handle and it will not fit the 03-04. I have the 1 gauge pillar pod from them that retains the grab handle.

I'm not sure about the Autometer set up.

MORE PICS WITH THE LADIES PLEASE!

Autometer dosent have anything either... :shrug: . So the one gauge setup from lotek is ok on the 04? This will at least give me some A\f readings :)

And for the ladys.... Just go into my webpage www.grombil.com and "Grombil Babes" :)... :thumbsup: There are many more coming in the future :)

Last edited:

98svtstang

Established Member
I have a dual autometer pod on my 02 i just had to remove the handel and the pod just went over the original pilar. But i dont know if the 03-04's are different.

mickey03L

Just the normal bolt ons
Established Member
the lotek pod just needs to be trimmed a lil bit up top for an 03-04. ive heard of people heating them but i trimmed mine at the top on my 03

SIK L

Banned
I got mine from rpmoutlet.com, it says it fits 04 but havent actually test fitted it to my a-pillar...anyone have this one on an 04?

txyaloo

Established Member
I just took about 2" off the top of my lotek pod with a saw and then sanded the rough edges and repainted it. It doesn't exactly look stock, but it isn't noticible either. Also, the screw holes on the lotek pod didn't like up with anything on my a-pillar and I had to drill new holes.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Welcome to the board!! Nice pics and truck! Good luck with the pod, I will be readings as I am hoping to do that next winter:beer:

Grombil.com

Established Member
Thanks...

So it is possible to buy a 3pod item and customfit it a bit. Im not fan of gaps and i want a snug fit.... I have seen others that has made a pod on the dash... Some on top of the radio custom fittet... I think the "swede" has this made himself.

If anyone have the solution pleace shout out. SOme mentions that lotek made some 3pods for the 04? Do you have pictures?

Grombil.com

Established Member
Dusten said:
I've got an 04 with an autometer 3 gauge pillar

Iv talked to Autometer...they dident have any for my truck :shrug: ... Do you have any pictures?

Off topic: I like your ni... In Norway "Dusten" means something like "THe jerk".... Not that you are ajerk... I just think its funny to see words mixing different contrys :)

Users who are viewing this thread