A project I been working on in the garage... (1st Gen Stang, with 2004 Cobra K/B )

TheSVTKid

Established Member
Its been a while since I have touched my own personal "race car" the SupraStang.

However, with the birth of my first child 8 weeks ago I have been enjoying more time at home and working in the garage again. Well with that time, I have been working on little projects here and there to help people out. Here is one of them, and this car will be AWESOME for its owner. Most of the build was done by another company (Vintage Fab) and I don't know who built the frame originally.

I race MotoCross with the cars owner, and being that he knew I had pretty much this same combo before (BigStuff3, PA Trans, Mod-Motor) and had built countless set ups like it... he wanted me to do the final wiring, and little details to the car. Its safe to say, its pretty much in the home stretch, however there is still a lot to do, and change, before it gets my blessing.

Finish up some final wiring,
Build a cold air intake
Ditch the overkill fuel system (for sound reasons, and fuel smell)
Build scoop for the heat exchanger
Figure out some exhaust tips, now that cats have been added (sound and smell reasons again)
Dial in the rear suspension
Final tune on Bigstuff after the motor is broken in. (it was a new crate motor)
Little this, little that.

BUT, last night she logged her first 111 miles on her. :) !!!!!

10659062_10152397180407423_5406939189806638613_o.jpg

10344220_10152397180432423_5130273003607570732_o.jpg

10661837_10152397180437423_7767379936869110795_o.jpg

10687342_10152397180487423_8555448513554183483_o.jpg

1519303_10152397180492423_4185898669308886143_o.jpg

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
Glad to see you back on the boards! When can we expect some cool new H.O.b. T-shirts? My "friends don't let friends drive stock" shirt is starting to wear.

Take care

Jesse

LS2GTO

Established Member
However, with the birth of my first child 8 weeks ago I have been enjoying more time at home and working in the garage again.

How the heck you have the time (and energy) to work on cars with a newborn at home is beyond me.

For the first few months of my son being born I was a mindless zombie wandering around the house aimlessly and passing out in random spots regardless of there being any furniture or not present at the location.

Kudos to you.

TheSVTKid

Established Member
Thanks everyone, I will try and update the post a little, as I work on some more stuff. (Which will be more, since I am out for the remainder of my Moto season with a separated shoulder, cracked rib, and buggered up shoulder blade)

Next week starts the "Overkill Fuel System Removal" ....no more sumped tank with poor street manors, and obnoxious A1000 (don't get me wrong I love these pumps, LOVE them, its just to much for this car) And I am going to install the new Aeromotive 340lph unit that comes with its own baffle. This way I can still use the same gas tank, most of the fuel lines, and fix both major issues. (Sound and starvation)

Glad to see you back on the boards! When can we expect some cool new H.O.b. T-shirts? My "friends don't let friends drive stock" shirt is starting to wear.

Take care

Jesse

Actually I wore mine out, so you sir have a "Vintage" performance t-shirt now that even I don't have.
Maybe someday, when I get a free moment I will make some shirts. But that is so far down the list, I can't even see it. :)
It was fun when I was younger, but now things like yard work, fill in that time frame. LOL

How the heck you have the time (and energy) to work on cars with a newborn at home is beyond me.

For the first few months of my son being born I was a mindless zombie wandering around the house aimlessly and passing out in random spots regardless of there being any furniture or not present at the location.

Kudos to you.

I am lucky that my daughter has a very amazing mother. (Which still hasn't gone back to work, and even then will only work like 1 day a week for a good while) Plus my parents live the next town over, so they often take my daughter, or come by and watch her, while I tinker in the garage. But TRUST ME, I get it....you know its bad when the CEO of the company you work for goes "I have been there" as he looks at my face, on a Monday morning, knowing how tired I am.

I named my daughter Kaia (Ka-eye-ah) so that her initials could be K.A.R (Mine are E.A.R.) I know its lame, but I liked the name a lot, and mother said "Yes" when I mentioned it, so it worked. :)

Here she is the day she was born, and my father already planning on what Ford product she will drive. LOL. (not kidding)

10313654_10152285126012423_7091724109886927488_n.jpg

That thing is badass....really liking the spark plug wire set up

The location of the coil packs are literally the thing I wish I could change the most. The idea of LS1 coil packs under the dash, with the wires that close to each other, knowing that some day they will "cross talk" weirds me out. This winter I may move the coils into the fenders, and then hide the wires under the brake booster, and what not. It will be just as clean, but I'll be able to separate the wires more, and the coils will be easier to access.

Last edited by a moderator:

gazim

Established Member
lol yeah... just a lil something i have been working ton in the garage!

Thats bad azz man love it.

Users who are viewing this thread