A Squeaking Challenge For You All!!

03reptile

Established Member
Symptoms: When driving approx 40mph in 4th 5th or sixth, and following any right bend in the road (not sharp) I hear a squeaking, almost bearing type squealing type noise that from Driver's position, sounds like it is coming from right front passanger side area. If I lean over it sounds then like possibly from the dash. Also if I'm going straight at same speed and turn wheel to right It will start and immediately stop once I straighten wheel. Ford Tech & I have checked every component in right front wheel area (Wheel wghts rubng., brake backing plate lose, dust shield hitting tire or wheel and we turned rotors in case pad was hitting. We lub'd sway bar and everything with rubber in the area ) still it persists. I have done a search and read all manner of issues and fixes( Pasgr.seat rubbing, Center vent squeak, windshield lose, etc.) and none of them seem to be the issue. It definitely only squeals when the car is going through a right bender and once straight, it stops. It also does not do it at lower speed sharp turns. I'm at a loss to figure this one out. Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is causing me to become obsessed! Please help!!

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Are you absolutely sure it's not a wind leak? They can sound very strange. Since it's a speed issue, that was my first thought. Having to turn right makes me think the air has to hit at a certain angle.

03reptile

Established Member
Thought of that as well, tried with window up and down, no change. It also doesn't occur at lower speeds or higher speeds; just around 40mph. It's definietely not wind related. Anyone else care to postulate?

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Actually I didnt read the whole post... I have a short attention span....JK.....hmmm, sounds like a tough one to find......

rick

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Can you have someone sit in the passenger seat and try to trace it for you? That's what I would do.

Users who are viewing this thread