A8 Hellcat vs A10 17 ZL1 vs C7 Z06

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I wouldnt mind meeting up with a stock HC and testing it out against the 14' Shelby.

Not many videos of stock vs stock comparisons.

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
I've heard from several owners that the HC's run hard up top and this proves it but once you get that thing rolling I guess 707hp has to come in at some point. Looks like both Ford and Chevrolet will benefit from that A10. All three run awesome, I'd take any of the three and be completely happy!!!

Troponin

Established Member
Lol Told ya'll its a rocket up top. I see lots of Challengers in these vids, but rarely chargers. Wonder how much faster the Charger really is.

Hoping my 3.09s help with that low end.

Zyborg, would love to race you if you're ever in my neck of the woods. Hoping I have the 3.09s before the end of summer though.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
So, the ZL1 wins from a dig. To me, that's a real race. I'm sure some would disagree.

I agree if we're talking a drag race (obviously). Most of that is due to the much wider/stickier factory rubber on the ZL1. Throw a drag radial on both and it'll be a different story from a dig.

Im starting to think the little blowers on the LT4 start to run out of steam up top.

cam346

Established Member
great video spot on. zl1 little 1.7 run out of steam up top. time for the new 26 mag sc to go on.

Z06

Established Member
I think chevy will do away with the 1.7 charger for the vette. Read it will now be a Eaton 2.6?

fearthesnake

Established Member
I agree if we're talking a drag race (obviously). Most of that is due to the much wider/stickier factory rubber on the ZL1. Throw a drag radial on both and it'll be a different story from a dig.

Im starting to think the little blowers on the LT4 start to run out of steam up top.
Was that stock tires on the HC? Look like a taller tire. Also noticed the HC had a passenger in the seat, did the GM's too?

cam346

Established Member
Was that stock tires on the HC? Look like a taller tire. Also noticed the HC had a passenger in the seat, did the GM's too?
youtube comment Hellcat has semi slicks. zl1 gearing is very good for dig runs. The hellcat also had a passenger while the ZL1 did not. On the other hand, the zl1 is still brand new maybe it needs to be broken in.

cam346

Established Member
so from a dig the hellcat didn't pass the zl1 till 173 mph strong little 1.7. i wonder what the new 2.6 do.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I wouldnt mind meeting up with a stock HC and testing it out against the 14' Shelby.

Not many videos of stock vs stock comparisons.
How about a stock Charger HC with just Nitto DRs? This car is strong from
a roll. I have a friend with a stock '13 but needs driver mod to hang with the A8.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread