A8 Hellcat vs A10 17 ZL1 vs C7 Z06

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Well smart HC owners run DRs :)
Good luck, I hated the stock summer rubber, my perf snows were better.
-J

Troponin

Established Member
Telling the HC owner that they cant run DRs because "It's not stock" is someone trying to pussy their way out of a race and are just looking at ways to win with their lesser vehicle. As always, the HC was designed to hit a top speed, so FCA used skinny tires on it to get there. The Last thing on FCA's mind was traction at low speeds.

Not sure why people seem to think DRs means the car is no longer stock. Not having traction = moron.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Same engine but one car weighs less with likely better aero. Take the Vette I'd guess.
-J

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
DR's on a Hellcat are a must, otherwise you might as well just stick to using the Black key.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol Told ya'll its a rocket up top. I see lots of Challengers in these vids, but rarely chargers. Wonder how much faster the Charger really is.

Hoping my 3.09s help with that low end.

Zyborg, would love to race you if you're ever in my neck of the woods. Hoping I have the 3.09s before the end of summer though.

So the Charger is supposed to be faster than tje Challenger? Is yours bone stock?

Im expecting the Hellcats to be a bit faster but would like to race one for comparison sake.

How about a stock Charger HC with just Nitto DRs? This car is strong from
a roll. I have a friend with a stock '13 but needs driver mod to hang with the A8.
-J

Do you know one in the San Antonio/Austin TX area?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
DR's on a Hellcat are a must, otherwise you might as well just stick to using the Black key.

Im on stock rubber right now and the car is pretty worthless in the street, under 70mph, cant imagine the Hellcat.

Troponin

Established Member
So the Charger is supposed to be faster than tje Challenger? Is yours bone stock?

Im expecting the Hellcats to be a bit faster but would like to race one for comparison sake.

Do you know one in the San Antonio/Austin TX area?

The Charger is slightly faster. It has a top speed speed of 204 and the Challenger has a top speed of 199. You really only see the difference in a half mile situation or slightly up top, where the better aerodynamics help. These folks were doing 170+, which would certainly play a role.

Mine is bone stock atm. In fact, I have a sub and amp which weight about 100lbs too, so I am already at a disanvantage over stock. XD

Don't know of any in those areas. I am in the Houston area, College Station to be more exact. I know of two in this area. One is tuned, 3.09 gears, pullied, and I am not sure about the other. The first one is a friend of mine, and he basically has the same exact car as me. I actually want to race him to see how much of a difference those mods make over stock too.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The Charger is slightly faster. It has a top speed speed of 204 and the Challenger has a top speed of 199. You really only see the difference in a half mile situation or slightly up top, where the better aerodynamics help. These folks were doing 170+, which would certainly play a role.

Mine is bone stock atm. In fact, I have a sub and amp which weight about 100lbs too, so I am already at a disanvantage over stock. XD

Don't know of any in those areas. I am in the Houston area, College Station to be more exact. I know of two in this area. One is tuned, 3.09 gears, pullied, and I am not sure about the other. The first one is a friend of mine, and he basically has the same exact car as me. I actually want to race him to see how much of a difference those mods make over stock too.

Do you ever come to SA? Maybe we could meet in the middle, Flatonia?

Never_Enough

Established Member
Telling the HC owner that they cant run DRs because "It's not stock" is someone trying to pussy their way out of a race and are just looking at ways to win with their lesser vehicle. As always, the HC was designed to hit a top speed, so FCA used skinny tires on it to get there. The Last thing on FCA's mind was traction at low speeds.

Not sure why people seem to think DRs means the car is no longer stock. Not having traction = moron.
Directed at me? I did not say anyone cannot do anything. I was simply saying telling someone a car is stock, but has DRs does not = stock...

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Stock does not mean DRs lol. It's not a Demon =p

Directed at me? I did not say anyone cannot do anything. I was simply saying telling someone a car is stock, but has DRs does not = stock...

Technically, all vehicles are no longer stock after the first oil change.

What if the Dealership has to re-flash the ECM due to updates? still stock?

Toyo R888's or Michelin Pilot sport cup 2's are Not considered drag radials.
If I am running a set of them, do I specifically have to mention them if someone asks me if it is stock?

Never_Enough

Established Member
Technically, all vehicles are no longer stock after the first oil change.

What if the Dealership has to re-flash the ECM due to updates? still stock?

Toyo R888's or Michelin Pilot sport cup 2's are Not considered drag radials.
If I am running a set of them, do I specifically have to mention them if someone asks me if it is stock?
I stopped reading after your oil change comment. Smh

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Used to have some family in the SA area, but they moved, so we never get out that way anymore.

Dang, that sucks.... maybe we ought to take a road trip and meet somewehere in the middle sometime...

Have you ran any cars with yours?

Users who are viewing this thread