A8 Hellcat vs A10 17 ZL1 vs C7 Z06

strokerls1

Established Member
Our cars are pretty much identical. I also have a sub and amp! I put the 3.09 in a few months back and it definitely woke the car up but I did lose some top end. The car pulled harder up top with the factory gear.

I dropped it off this morning for upper pulley, injectors, lmi, tune. Added to the 100shot I am hoping for 850ish. Wish me luck!

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
So, the ZL1 wins from a dig. To me, that's a real race. I'm sure some would disagree.

If the HC is on stock rubber it's going nowhere. GM uses much bigger/better tires from the factory.

I agree if we're talking a drag race (obviously). Most of that is due to the much wider/stickier factory rubber on the ZL1. Throw a drag radial on both and it'll be a different story from a dig.

Im starting to think the little blowers on the LT4 start to run out of steam up top.

Agreed. Not sure why GM chose the 1.7. The 2nd gen CTSV's ran the 1.9, and the ZR1's used the 2.3.

The lack of scenery made the cars seem slow.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Our cars are pretty much identical. I also have a sub and amp! I put the 3.09 in a few months back and it definitely woke the car up but I did lose some top end. The car pulled harder up top with the factory gear.

I dropped it off this morning for upper pulley, injectors, lmi, tune. Added to the 100shot I am hoping for 850ish. Wish me luck!

Hmmm... thats odd. Could you elaborate on "losing top end"?

strokerls1

Established Member
Hmmm... thats odd. Could you elaborate on "losing top end"?
After about 130 it doesnt seem to pull as hard as it did with the other gear. By then I am in 5th instead of still winding out 4th with the factory gear. Down low its an animal on the radials

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
they are all sweet machines.

If im telling the truth though, im a little dissapointed GM didnt put a bigger blower on the new ZL1.

Thats part of the reason i went away from a v2 ctsv when i was trying to decide what to buy next.

Lack of blower upgrades means the fun stops pretty abruptly around 650-700 wheel on the LSA cars... which includes a ported blower.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
After about 130 it doesnt seem to pull as hard as it did with the other gear. By then I am in 5th instead of still winding out 4th with the factory gear. Down low its an animal on the radials

You might be able to address that with some tuning / tranny calibration....

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Lack of blower upgrades means the fun stops pretty abruptly around 650-700 wheel on the LSA cars... which includes a ported blower.
Unless,.........you bring it to Vengeance Racing.

Users who are viewing this thread