A8 & M6 Hellcats vs 14 GT500

brandonflood123

Established Member
But he just raced a modded GT500 and still won. So no. It's not just stock cars.
yeah except he doesn't post the videos of him getting beat. I'm not knocking the hell cat, but trying to find a stock gt500 is going to be difficult. still at that where is the modded gt500 that he raced and beat?

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member

jhonda

Established Member
I thought I was going to watch
This
WHEEL-1-articleLarge.jpg
Vs
m6.jpg
Vs
the-2013-shelby-gt500-at-the-goodwood-festival-of-speed_100394452_m.jpg

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Lol, wtf 65-70+k on a car and using bald 555Rs. Hell goes for both cars at that level 555Rs at all, have had better experiences in all conditions with other DRs. But some people stand behind them w/e I still rather have a R888, E/T, 05R, TQ, M&H, obviously Hoosier list goes on.

The A8 definitely helps the Hellcat I ran an 14' 500 and the long gears are not the best from a 40 roll just my experience.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Lol, wtf 65-70+k on a car and using bald 555Rs. Hell goes for both cars at that level 555Rs at all, have had better experiences in all conditions with other DRs. But some people stand behind them w/e I still rather have a R888, E/T, 05R, TQ, M&H, obviously Hoosier list goes on.

The A8 definitely helps the Hellcat I ran an 14' 500 and the long gears are not the best from a 40 roll just my experience.

waiting for the other races. I predict the Hellcat wins especially from a dead. 555r's are great on my DD 06 GTO. 370ish rwhp automatic, 15K+ miles so far and plenty of tread left. Not good on a 600rhp manual transmission car.

paluka21

Established Member
Pretty sure he lost some races in this video.

http://youtu.be/bliIQLEgLHE

And this one.

http://youtu.be/uFMmyQhT3xg

Being a bit observant here, but from several of the videos I saw it appears many of these drivers are younger guys, perhaps early to mid 20's driving around in $60-70K cars. Makes me wonder how they afford them unless they're paying $700+ car payments a month. None of my business really, it just makes me wonder.

paluka21

Established Member
waiting for the other races. I predict the Hellcat wins especially from a dead. 555r's are great on my DD 06 GTO. 370ish rwhp automatic, 15K+ miles so far and plenty of tread left. Not good on a 600rhp manual transmission car.

I had 555R's on my 700+rwhp cobra which only weighed 3400lbs and they did pretty good once warmed up. However, my sidewall profile was higher than most on here who run a 35 series.

brandonflood123

Established Member
Pretty sure he lost some races in this video.

http://youtu.be/bliIQLEgLHE

And this one.

http://youtu.be/uFMmyQhT3xg

oh okay so your strictly talking about stock for stock. like i said hellcats are impressive and i know with boltons they are going to be a tough defeat. so that white gt500 beat it in the SAW video. im pretty sure thats my buddy manuel racing it from midnightperformance.

either way. not trying to start a pissing match. i wanna see a good video of them racing. if the gt500 loses then it loses. idk why it matters THAT much anyways haha. dodge finnaly put something out thats really good that isnt the viper

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member

Both arent on 555's. The GT500 is on brand new 555's while the hellcat is on bald-ish MT's.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Being a bit observant here, but from several of the videos I saw it appears many of these drivers are younger guys, perhaps early to mid 20's driving around in $60-70K cars. Makes me wonder how they afford them unless they're paying $700+ car payments a month. None of my business really, it just makes me wonder.

My payment is 812, got a problem wanna fight about it?

A lot of young people make horrible financial decisions :)

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I had 555R's on my 700+rwhp cobra which only weighed 3400lbs and they did pretty good once warmed up. However, my sidewall profile was higher than most on here who run a 35 series.

555r's will never hook like a M/T-M&H-Hoosier. While you may cut a high 1.7 or 1.8, the same M/T will cut a 1.5-1.6.

paluka21

Established Member
My payment is 812, got a problem wanna fight about it?

A lot of young people make horrible financial decisions :)

LOL, that's a large car payment. Sounds like you got enough fighting on your hands making that payment every month, so I'll just let this sit here. :coolman:

paluka21

Established Member
555r's will never hook like a M/T-M&H-Hoosier. While you may cut a high 1.7 or 1.8, the same M/T will cut a 1.5-1.6.

Agreed they will, but I drove the car distances to shows, so if I got stuck in the rain, then it would be a horrible ride home.
However, I would venture to say the 15" 555R in a 325/50/15 or a 275/60/15 should hook very well once heated. However, I've never ran that size tire. Mine were all 17's and 18's and 60's in the low 1.7's to high 1.6's.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Agreed they will, but I drove the car distances to shows, so if I got stuck in the rain, then it would be a horrible ride home.
However, I would venture to say the 15" 555R in a 325/50/15 or a 275/60/15 should hook very well once heated. However, I've never ran that size tire. Mine were all 17's and 18's and 60's in the low 1.7's to high 1.6's.

Agreed 555r is a the perfect compromise tire. M/T-M&H-Hoosier are a not compromise tire. Even an 05R can get tricky in the rain, trust me on this. 555r's I drive like it's a Michelin AS3.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member

Most the young guys have a decent job, live with 3-4 buddies and all their money goes into their car. When they start growing up, getting a girlfriend that's not some young chick that doesn't know what shes doing in life and have to make better financial decisions those same guys sell said cars for something more practical. Then you have the guys who make bank and shit doesn't matter and a grand car payment a month is chump change.

I will say that when I was younger it seemed much more ideal to have a few cars and many toys but now that i'm married and have children and in my later 20's I just see what goes out the door month to month and have no desire to have an expensive toy on top of everything else like I once did. Until my truck and wifes tahoe are paid off, I get to just vicariously live through this site!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread