? about stock boost gauge

larryc7777

Established Member
T3 Cobra,
That should be about 15.5 psi. I have seen 15 on a really good day. 15 = 3:00 on mine. Is your needle on 0 when the engine is off? There is a small plastic stop screw that will "zero" the needle. It is actually an eccentric cam screw that doubles as the "zero stop pin". This adjustment could also be useful to "calibrate" the stock gauge to indicate the correct max boost. However, you would have to have an accurate gauge to temporarily hook up to see what your max boost really is. I was lucky enough to have access to a regulated air supply & an accurate secondary gauge to calibrate mine "on the bench". The good news was that I didn't have to do any adjustments. My gauge was right on.
How difficult was the modification to do? Are there any additional tips that you can pass along to the next guy wanting to do this mod? It's really cool to see the stock gauge bend around that far, isn't it??:beer:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Ray,
I dont know if this helps, but there is a decal manufacturer near me. In fact I am having a bunch of EATON INSIDE decals made right now and should be finished this week. Anyway, I don't know if you guys have made up your minds on something silk screened or what, but how about an adhesive decal overlay or a cling type? Could that work? It may take a litlle more trimming on the installer's part, but would be a hell of a lot cheaper, depending on the number of colors and the quantity purchased.
If you think this idea had any merit, send me a picture of what you have so far and dimensions and I'll show it to the decal people. And we can go from there.

Dana

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Ray, please count me in also.

One negative is that it blows our cover if removing the pulley for warranty work, unless we get a second factory gauge and change it out!

Thanks,
Gord

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Count me in Ray. Great job on getting the ideas flowing larry :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread