about to finish turbo 5.4 build

gtturbo5.4

Established Member
Just looking for feed back and opionions. Mmr 900 shortblock 10to1 comp.stock 04 cobra heads,and cams,the heads have a three angle valve job. I had a logan sheetmetal intake built with 9.5" runner lenths. I used stock exhaust manifolds forward facing 2.5" feedpipe around the a.c. but had to do a oil relocate. I am using a 80ml. borg warner 110 on the backside both are ceramic coated mounted in the engine bay. We are useing a 4"downpipe to a 4" single exhaust dumped before the rear axle.The cold side is all 4"aluminum with a 4.5" innercooler. We are using tial twin 38 wastegates and a 50ml tial blowoff v. We are finishing the cold side now it should all be completed with in a couple weeks. Usefull comments and opinions wanted for discustion.Thanks

gtturbo5.4

Established Member
I will take some pics this afternoon and try to post them later tononight.
Having a hard time posting any pics. Dont know what i am doing wrong.I could e-mail or pics texts to any one that would want to see pics.

Last edited:

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
ill take them in my email however i figure you probably want to learn how to post pics
1. go to imageshack.us
2.load your pics
3. select each picture and copy the url

Ironhand

Banned
Thats cool and all but the MMR 900 was the wrong choice of motor. You need something stronger then that with the entire motor studded.

gtturbo5.4

Established Member
Thats cool and all but the MMR 900 was the wrong choice of motor. You need something stronger then that with the entire motor studded.

This is a shortblock from my other build with 2000 miles on it.Everything is arp. manley and forged. I am not planning on pushing it much past 20lbs of boost. My current fuel system wont let me push it much past 800 at the crank, and as you know with fore out of buisness it does not make it easy to upgrade right now.What do you think the short block will handle? I am hoping to reach my horse power goal of 600 to the tires with current fuel system at 14 to 15 lbs. of boost. My current fuel dilivery is from two super car pumps,-8 feed line with a kenny bell boosta pump.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread