About to purchase a new 2014 5.0 Opinions

'14 Shelby

Established Member
I agree with most here on some of the options but I guess it depends on how you drive it. Strip, street, track, combo...I'm not sure I needed the premium, but I will say that I ABSOLUTELY love the leather Recaro's. Totally worth it!!

greenscobie86

Established Member
Good luck with it.

IMO a base car with a 301a package and self installed leather is a hell of a bargain. + maybe a subwoofer in the trunk to make the base stereo sound better... Much cheaper than a premium car.

2014GT

Established Member
Good luck with it.

IMO a base car with a 301a package and self installed leather is a hell of a bargain. + maybe a subwoofer in the trunk to make the base stereo sound better... Much cheaper than a premium car.

Exactly what I plan. Track Pack, 301A (Sync), and gonna add leather myself with heat.

Badlilstang

Established Member
Love my Premium with Recaro and Brembo.. I had almost talked my self out of doing the Recaro/Brembo but in the end it was the only White 2014 Auto Premium in my area so I went with it. I love the seats!

BrianH87

Established Member
Even if you get no other options, get the Recaro's. I have a base 2014 301A w/ track pack and Recaro's. The only thing I miss in the base is the track apps. But like others have said, they can be added.

87hatchy

Established Member
its all relative man...some say they can't deal with the base interior. For me, I drove pre-1990 cars until I got my 2013 base GT, and for me, the base GT was and still is pretty nice in my opinion and a big upgrade from what I previously had. Also, I got Recaros. And in my opinion, the Recaros look kind of awkward in leather. I feel like seats like that should be in cloth for some reason.

Mike444

Established Member
My brother is about to be the proud owner of a 14 premium ruby red track pack gt. His car is being built on March 3rd. I purchased my 13 Boss back in 2012 and love it. After sitting in a few gt's with and without Recaros, plus owning my Boss with Recaros; I am happy with my Recaros. If the Boss was not available, I would of probably got the premium, just like my brother.

Brent Davis

Established Member
I feel the same 87hatchy. I've owned a '85 GT, a '90 GT and a '01 GT and even my base GT with cloth seats is a HUGE improvement over what I was used to back in the days. So for me, the base 2014 GT that I bought "IS" my premium version. I do have the sync option as well which is great for cell phone hands free and listening to my iPAD music.

I say buy what you can afford and be happy. Good luck and post pics when you get it.

Users who are viewing this thread