About voiding your warranty!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

5150Mustang

302 Fanatic
Established Member
Ok I am way too opinionated, I will say that first.

for all you folks out there that are screaming and crying about voiding a warranty let me tell you something that does not get mentioned to often, have you ever considered the possibility that you are not going to hurt your car? As long as you are not a retard the car is not going to have some mysterious high speed come-a-part.

Seriously ? Ok here is the deal, we have our 36,000 Mile 3yr riiiiiiiight?
now what did you do for coverage after that, I assume most of you bought the extended warranty, ( I hope you did not go with the FORD ESP cause than you are ****ed ). I went with the CNA ESP for up to 100,000 miles by 7yrs. which covers the car a year longer than the loan span. ( yeah I don't wanna talk about my payments ). Ok, so I am out of my factory warranty phase and am now covered by the extended plan because I have 40k on the car. guess what. . .it never has to go back to your dealer AGAIN.

I manage a transmission shop and guess what. . .I talked to the guy that does all the inspections for my ESP company. because he covers down for 37 other companies as an inspector, the moral of the story is you can take these cars to any mechanic that has a decent reputation and have any warranty work done outside of the dealer. to be honest you would be surprised at how many of these ESP companies prefer that due to the fact that the dealer ship is always 500 percent higher on all costs of everything compared to a regular old Joe and his auto shoppe.

So, that the means in the end is you can take your car to a mechanic you trust that isnt going to screw with you and you can have a blower on the car or headers or what the hell ever else you want on it. . .and one of two things can happen you will know if you need to take your "unauthorized" parts off or not worry about it all together. I get it that people are scared to bring their car back to the dealer, I would be too with all the nitrous and suspension and exhaust I have, but you don't have to with your MOST of your ESP providers.

I know there are going to be some extreme cases where people get screwed no matter what, but remember your rights are available, the failure must be appropriately linked to the after market part that is accused of causing the failure. and also read whats in your warranty booklet and what they consider an after market modification and how its all WORDED.

I dunno, I am just tired of seeing people not getting to have fun with these already bad ass cars because they have read or heard a horror story on this forum about a warranty claim.
If you are stupid enough to not tune a car and spray a 200hp shot on these stock motors you launch a piston in orbit. I don't feel sorry for you when your claim gets denied cause you brought the car back to the dealer with the nitrous bottle still in the trunk and kit still installed. be smart, there are plenty of people dodging warranty shenanigans with much more expensive cars than a regular old $35,000 mustang GT. Ask these GT500 guys that were buying them brand new and modding the piss out of em, they were careful with how did their warranty claims but they used their brains. You have to use your brain. . .

END RANT
thanks,
MIchael

D.T.R

Established Member
^ that's a good point, and a different perspective to look at things from.

5150Mustang

302 Fanatic
Established Member
well i did not have any idea on how these ESP warranties actually worked until I started doing them on transmissions. . .

it gave me some perspective that I dont think alot of people know. . .

the one factor I am not sure on is if every ford dealer offers the same companies or its its just pick and choose by your dealer if they carry CNA or CARS or whatever. . .because I know that the finance guys and sales folks do get a commission of selling them at the time of purchase on a new car.

That being said my Finance guy told me on no certain terms to go with the FORD ESP, for one he knew what I had planned for this car back in 10 when I bought it.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
If you can't afford to fix it, you can't afford to play. ESPs seldom pay for themselves and generally a waste of money. I personally wouldn't condone fraud for having a car repaired due to an aftermarket part and/or abuse.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I personally did not buy an extended warranty knowing that I would modify the car at some point. I avoid dealing with dealerships at all costs not only due to the absurd costs, but every single dealership without fail has shotty service. Which really surprises me with how often so many dealerships preach about service but yet fail to provide a positive experience. Everything from rude service adivsors, high costs, worrying about the porters/mechanics going out for "test miles" and beating on my car and out right just lies about warranty work in order to get money into their shop. Warranty work is a scam to get you into the door, period.

My car was recently up for it's first oil change and the dealership gives the first change for free in their "quick lane" lube center. I get to the dealership at 9am only to be told they need THREE HOURS to get this done.

I hate dealerships. If I ever had a dealer do what they said they would with a good experience, I think I'd pass out from the shock of it. lol.

5150Mustang

302 Fanatic
Established Member
i have had my mt-82 replaced outside of factory warranty. . . . . . id say that payed for itself????
1600 dollars for a 7 year warranty. and no one asked any questions at all. i just ook my car across town to a guy I knew that would not be screaming OMG THERE IS NITROUS AND SUSPENSTION AND ALL KINDS OF WILD SHIT ON THIS CAR.

he wanted to get payed for the job so he was not going to do anything to harm them authorizing a repair.

I broke my first mt-82 the first 5k miles, and the car was as stock as it could be the mt-82 is crap and if people don't know that by now than they have been living under a rock for 3 years.

r2kool4u

Blah Blah
Established Member
I deal with this esp warranty deals all the time. On fact we suggest people getting them to help in case of any issues.

Stupidity brought to you by Tapatalk

5150Mustang

302 Fanatic
Established Member
oh an i notice the guy posting about if you dont have the money to play dont do it has a cobra jet. . . .wow.

look why does this have to be taken to the extreme, most folks on here just wanna do some small mods tuner exhaust and have fun. . .ok and maybe some guys wanna add some boost or spray. you paid 35k for a car and its a mustang, the most heavily modded car on the planet. you wanna cry ? see what production cost in on a new mustang. . .you outta be able to do what you want with your car.

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
for all you folks out there that are screaming and crying about voiding a warranty let me tell you something that does not get mentioned to often, have you ever considered the possibility that you are not going to hurt your car? As long as you are not a retard the car is not going to have some mysterious high speed come-a-part.

Tons of cars on here have had issues completely 100% stock. I personally have had issues with other mustangs and ford has covered it.

Seriously ? Ok here is the deal, we have our 36,000 Mile 3yr riiiiiiiight?
now what did you do for coverage after that, I assume most of you bought the extended warranty, ( I hope you did not go with the FORD ESP cause than you are ****ed ). I went with the CNA ESP for up to 100,000 miles by 7yrs. which covers the car a year longer than the loan span. ( yeah I don't wanna talk about my payments ). Ok, so I am out of my factory warranty phase and am now covered by the extended plan because I have 40k on the car. guess what. . .it never has to go back to your dealer AGAIN.

Actually you need to put into consideration the cost of the warranty. If you finance something for 5-6 years plus interest, confirm what that will cost you compared to what you think might go wrong after the 36k mile warranty. So really your paying x amount for a 4 year extended warranty? And do the math on that.

I manage a transmission shop and guess what. . .I talked to the guy that does all the inspections for my ESP company. because he covers down for 37 other companies as an inspector, the moral of the story is you can take these cars to any mechanic that has a decent reputation and have any warranty work done outside of the dealer. to be honest you would be surprised at how many of these ESP companies prefer that due to the fact that the dealer ship is always 500 percent higher on all costs of everything compared to a regular old Joe and his auto shoppe.

Great perspective and points.

So, that the means in the end is you can take your car to a mechanic you trust that isnt going to screw with you and you can have a blower on the car or headers or what the hell ever else you want on it. . .and one of two things can happen you will know if you need to take your "unauthorized" parts off or not worry about it all together. I get it that people are scared to bring their car back to the dealer, I would be too with all the nitrous and suspension and exhaust I have, but you don't have to with your MOST of your ESP providers.

At the end of the day the adjuster's job is to minimize claims. In this economy it's still risky and unethical.

I know there are going to be some extreme cases where people get screwed no matter what, but remember your rights are available, the failure must be appropriately linked to the after market part that is accused of causing the failure. and also read whats in your warranty booklet and what they consider an after market modification and how its all WORDED.

happens a lot!

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
i have had my mt-82 replaced outside of factory warranty. . . . . . id say that payed for itself????
1600 dollars for a 7 year warranty. and no one asked any questions at all. i just ook my car across town to a guy I knew that would not be screaming OMG THERE IS NITROUS AND SUSPENSTION AND ALL KINDS OF WILD SHIT ON THIS CAR.

he wanted to get payed for the job so he was not going to do anything to harm them authorizing a repair.

I broke my first mt-82 the first 5k miles, and the car was as stock as it could be the mt-82 is crap and if people don't know that by now than they have been living under a rock for 3 years.

I disagree about the MT-82 being a "piece of crap". It's a solid transmission that operates quietly and smoothly when being used as it was meant to be by design. A MT-82 wasn't designed to handle the abuse of 600hp+ powershifts. Therefor if you put it through that sort of abuse, of course it's going to break, but it's not fair to call it a "piece of crap".

Anytime you go beyond what the part was meant for by design, you have to expect at some point something has got to give. You have to pay to play.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
If you can't afford to fix it, you can't afford to play. ESPs seldom pay for themselves and generally a waste of money. I personally wouldn't condone fraud for having a car repaired due to an aftermarket part and/or abuse.

This here is very true. Also almost all ESP. Have a flat rate on what repairs cost an there pay out tends to be less that what most shops actually charge to fix what broke which in terms means you still have to spend the rest out of pocket. At least with Ford ESP they cover the whole thing Aslong as there stock parts.

G-Mann

Established Member
I can respect either choice one makes, to each their own. A stock car has the potential to have the exact same issues as a modded one which is why I suggest one wait a minute to feel their car out before doing any drastic mods.

I am in the opinion that issues tend to be exaggerated on the internet and we only hear one side of the story, with that said I believe the underlying cause of worry is more along the lines of a Ford reliability/stand-behind-product issue/perception Bottom line is if people were more confident with the product they would not think twice about making some minor tweaks. It took me 5k miles and one winter for me to become confident in the product primarily due to some of the early internet mt-82 threads.

kingnut

Established Member

i cant stand to listen to close minded people like yourself. actually just plan ignorant. theres nothing thats fraudulent about having your car fixed somewhere other than the dealer when its COVERED under an ESP. alot of ESP's cover blowers and aftermarket parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread