ABS Light

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member
Need some help guys my ABS light is on and will not go off, also my traction control light is on and will not go off when i push it to cut it off. I figured maybe it is a bad sensor or something, I don't have a tune on my car just yet. If you guys could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
the light goes on with any error/malfunction in the abs system whatsoever. so it could be alot of things.

i believe that the tc is also tied to the abs somehow, but not 100% sure on that.

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member
Mine came on after I washed under the hood one day. I deleted it back in November, just haven't gotten around to pulling the bulb out lol. It could be the control unit itself or either a wheel speed sensor. You are gonna have to find a good scan tool or either take it to Ford to find out what the code is though.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
I had this exact same problem with my gt. From what I understood (I never fixed it, because the car blew up anyways lol) it is either a wheel speed sensor of the abs module under the hood. You can clean off the wheel speed sensors and see if it fixes it, if not it is probably the module

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member
Hey guys thanks for all the help thats why i love this site people always have the same problem and are always able to help others out. I will clean the wheel sensors and if that doesn't work i see if it pulls a code.

2K4 SVT

Established Member
Mine came on about 2 weeks ago and the code showed the ABS ECU wasn't communicating with the computer. Ran through the diagnostics in the .pdf linked above and it points to a bad ECU. Dealer looked one up and for the ECU only $900 :??: Went and checked ebay - found one pulled from a wrecked Cobra in working condition for $130! :banana:

I'll let you know what the results are once it arrives and I've got it installed.

Maverick-4

Established Member
Mine came on about 2 weeks ago and the code showed the ABS ECU wasn't communicating with the computer. Ran through the diagnostics in the .pdf linked above and it points to a bad ECU. Dealer looked one up and for the ECU only $900 :??: Went and checked ebay - found one pulled from a wrecked Cobra in working condition for $130! :banana:

I'll let you know what the results are once it arrives and I've got it installed.

Same thing mine had back a few months ago, it started intermittenly then it stayed on all the time. Tried to scan it but would get a no communication error, dealer confirmed module would not communicate and had gone bad. Fortunately all got repaired under warranty! woohoo!

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
Mine came on about 2 years ago! I used my scan tool and it said that i have a bad rear right sensor. The only thing that keeps me from fixing it for right now, is that i don't need to turn the traction control off anymore everytime i start the car.

crazyhorse89

Established Member
Same thing mine had back a few months ago, it started intermittenly then it stayed on all the time. Tried to scan it but would get a no communication error, dealer confirmed module would not communicate and had gone bad. Fortunately all got repaired under warranty! woohoo!

Thars what has happened to mine. Except when its balls cold out when i first start the car to let it warm up the light is off. Then when it gets some temp in it on she comes again...

testorossa1989

Established Member
+1 same problem

mine went on a year ago and i didnt care to turn it off.. after all, ABS+TC its a 2 for 1 deal and since its not hurting nobody i dont care for it. I also have the same thing in my gt as well so i have come to like it and know how to brake. Just more control over the vehicle IMO. So for me its more of a preference more than anything. Still havent figured out the problem but ill clean off the speed sensor when my cars completed. Thanks guys

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread