ABS Module removal video?

CobraKurt

Has anyone done any work on the ABS module? Or, worked with cheap-abs.com / Matt? I hit the website, and I don't see any activity on it since about a year ago.

I reached out to him last year, and he mentioned he had a video on how to remove the module from the .. brake housing. I haven't been able to get a response from him, from a recent inquiry.

I ordered an ABS module ("just" that) and I plan to visit a Ford Dealer to have them perform the repair. Does anyone know if the mechanic will be fine / okay removing the prior module from my OEM assembly, putting on my new part, and installing into the car? Do I need someone with more of an electrician background / micro-electronics guy?

dazwelding

Established Member
Here is the video I watched before I pulled my ABS module out to be rebuilt.

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
My '99 had the ABS light come on. I took it to Ford after trying to troubleshoot it myself. Their results were the same as the first part of the video -- no communication. They wanted $1400 for a new control module (on the trans hump under the radio). I removed the ECU (just like the last half of the video) and sent it to Cheap-ABS.com and it worked. No light after that. Easy process. I used a torx bit in a short extension and one of those cheap "bit ratchets" from HF. No need to take it to the stealership.

Users who are viewing this thread