ABS Module replacement????

MY DREAM

Established Member
Found out that my ABS module is Tango Uniform and in need of another. The Stealership quoted my $1,091 to replace it. $850 for the module and the rest labor and tax. Said it was only an hour labor and that no brake fluid is lost during the swap....I said I would do it myself then. Any one ever do this? point me in the direction I need to as far as obtaining a module and how to replace it?

James

dwlocklear

I just replaced mine using the link by 346CamaroSS. If you just need to replace the electronics portion of it, it is really simple to do. I bought a salvage unit and it completely cleared up my problems

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
its a pain in the ass to replace. i had a wiring issue that shorted out the ecu portion of the module but as you found out, you cant get just the ecu you have to get all of it and it is very exspensive. i did find a few junk yard options online. i bit the bullet got a new one and it can be a royal pain in the ass to install if your trying to flat rate the job moving as little as possible. oh and you need a scanner that can do a abs service bleed to get all the air out of the new pump.

MY DREAM

Established Member
The dealership told me that it can be replaced with out loosing any fluid. They said less than an hour to replace it and they don't even open the fluid side of the system. I've watched a few video how to's and seen some how to threads and you don't need to open the fluid side of the system. Basically disconect the ABS module so you can move it around a bit for access, remove and replace the electronic brian of the ABS unit.

James

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
Good luck with that. I tried and failed so I just took the whole thing off. Fortunately I have access to a Ford scanner so no problems here

Users who are viewing this thread