Absolutely Terrible Night at the Track

testorossa1989

Established Member
calm down people, It also sounds like it could be a loose spark plug. I highly suggest you check all your plugs before you start jumping to the head tick topic.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
the heads that fixed the tick were Jan 05 revisions. i think some 04's just got lucky they haven't seen it yet. cheaper to have a machine shop fix your heads than to buy the revisions. just did it with my head gasket job.

I'm well aware of the '05 revision heads, I have two sets in stock now and have sold dozens of sets over the years.

Not sure what they charged you to rework your heads but a set of fully loaded revised heads runs $2831.00 these days, that's the new heads with full valvetrain and cams PLUS they're the 8 thread heads so you don't have to worry about blowing out plugs or using aftermarket thread inserts. :beer:

-Steve

Stanger00

Established Member
I've got a video of the noise finally but I don't know how to post it

Youtube...Use your GMAIL account to log in and upload your media and then post link. Use the last number text in the link between these brackets ["youtube_browser"]["/youtube_browser"] Remove quotation marks.

Last edited:

blacknbluecobra

Sprayed and Dismayed
Established Member
For whatever reason my YouTube account is screwed up anyone want to help me out and post it if I email it to you?

Users who are viewing this thread