Accelerometers

Troponin

Established Member
What is the most affordable one we can purchase? The iPhone apps appear to all be worthless. I installed several and found two didnt even work at all, and the others had a huge margin of error. One didnt even stop when I hit 60mph. It just kept timing all the way through 70+. It's just too difficult to drive well and attempt to accurate measure 0-60 and 1/4 is damn near impossible to figure out manually. Track is not an option.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
What is the most affordable one we can purchase? The iPhone apps appear to all be worthless. I installed several and found two didnt even work at all, and the others had a huge margin of error. One didnt even stop when I hit 60mph. It just kept timing all the way through 70+. It's just too difficult to drive well and attempt to accurate measure 0-60 and 1/4 is damn near impossible to figure out manually. Track is not an option.

So far, across Droids and iPhones, I have yet to find an app I thought was worth anything.

It sucks that the track isn't an option, even the guys who say they work well, are generally a good bit off from their actual 1/4 times.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Loved my old G-Tech and it was pretty spot on compared to actual times at the track. They've got the new SS and RR models which are pretty nice units. The SS is $199 and the RR is $299.

Coiled03

Established Member
Buy an old G-Tech. They work very well.

Loved my old G-Tech and it was pretty spot on compared to actual times at the track. They've got the new SS and RR models which are pretty nice units. The SS is $199 and the RR is $299.

These.

Or, I think a bare bones version of a V-box is relatively affordable, IIRC.

mrlrd1

Established Member
I used to have one, but lost it when we moved! I often wondered how accurate it was because it seemed too cheap to be good. lol

I bought one when it first came out around 1999? or so. It was accurate within a tenth at the strip, but the MPH was 2-3 high. This was on a mid 13 second car.

Troponin

Established Member
I bought one when it first came out around 1999? or so. It was accurate within a tenth at the strip, but the MPH was 2-3 high. This was on a mid 13 second car.

That's close to the same time I bought mine. It was the little one with the red digital display. Looked like a little radar detector.

Def going to get that SS model. Reading great things about it. One guy ran the 1/4 mile with it and it nailed the 1/4 exactly. Sure there is still some margin of error, but that's impressive

Users who are viewing this thread