accufab throttle body

Jroc

Established Member
no, but make sure you adjust your TPS properly

Here's my opinion.

Aftermarket TB's have their benefits, but sometimes they can be hit or miss. Some work great and some give you driveability issues even when comparing identical TB's. IDK I never had luck with aftermarket TB's on my Mustang. I couldn't get my BBK 75mm TB to ever work right on my old 99 GT even with a tune. Again so do have good results with them and some don't. On a Eaton truck I personally would just go with a ported OEM TB. You can port it yourself for free even you just have to know what you're doing, but it's not that hard and there's actually quite a lot of material that can be removed.

Last edited:

fruhdaddy

Established Member
Here's my opinion.

Aftermarket TB's have their benefits, but sometimes they can be hit or miss. Some work great and some give you driveability issues even when comparing identical TB's. IDK I never had luck with aftermarket TB's on my Mustang. I couldn't get my BBK 75mm TB to ever work right on my old 99 GT even with a tune. Again so do have good results with them and some don't. On a Eaton truck I personally would just go with a ported OEM TB. You can port it yourself for free even you just have to know what you're doing, but it's not that hard and there's actually quite a lot of material that can be removed.

I agree. I ported my stocker and loved it, planned on going Whipple and grabbed a Accufab SBTB for $100 in the classifieds so I couldnt pass it up. I feel no diff in power at all with my mods in sig. Im certain with a Whipple or KB there will be.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
BBK is junk. If you barely have mods that would benefit from a SBTB, unless it's a great price (used most likely) then sure. Buy it new...then no. Ported stocker will work great for a mild modded L. plus easy to do if you plan to port yourself. Your plenum and SC are a bigger restriction than the TB. Port all three, best bang for your buck.

jokerzL

Established Member
e9ugaqa4.jpg

y4ese7ym.jpg

aha6yhug.jpg

I have a ported throttle body on a 12.3

Ported my own was pretty easy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread