Ace clutch and correct bearing shim.

Softballer77

Established Member
Ace sent it to me. The shop said they put it in the box with my old clutch, but it's not in there. So I'll be going back to retrieve it. All I have is a picture of the tool from their setup page.

20150703_094842.jpg

Bad Company

Established Member
Ace sent it to me. The shop said they put it in the box with my old clutch, but it's not in there. So I'll be going back to retrieve it. All I have is a picture of the tool from their setup page.

View attachment 45459
That is a very simple way to achieve the correct bearing setting and I doubt that tool costs much to purchase. I believe I'm going to order that tool for the installation of my triple disc clutch. A number of these high end clutches require the release bearing to be shimmed for a proper installation. But this is the first time I've seen one of the clutch manufacturers make a simple tool to use to do it.

Thank You for posting the info

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
Thanks so much. I never got this tool and it's time I get this clutch installed. this will make it very easy to do.

Hellcat is at my local track running 11.3's at 124 mph nittos with automatic and claiming no convertible gt500 will beat him. I was 10.8s there at 129 mph last year.

Blackdevil77

Established Member
Thanks so much. I never got this tool and it's time I get this clutch installed. this will make it very easy to do.

Hellcat is at my local track running 11.3's at 124 mph nittos with automatic and claiming no convertible gt500 will beat him. I was 10.8s there at 129 mph last year.

A lot of them are so cocky, they think nothing will touch them. They're fast, especially for their weight, but not unbeatable. I was at the strip one night with my bolt ons and ran an 11 flat at 131mph. A stock Hellcat was there and he ran a best of 12.1 (stock tires) with a best mph of 124. Yes, it was an auto. I know he could of done much better with drag radials, but then again, so would I. But I don't think his mph would of gone up that much. Owner was a very nice, humble guy and his car was beautiful in Sublime green with the matte black hood.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread