Acid Reflux / GERD - Any Recommendations?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I have had reflux since before it had a name. I used to wake up and eat a fist full of tums just about every night. Finally went to the doc who sent me to a gastro Gerd was the final answer. I have been on previcid since. I eat what I want when I want as long as it is 4 hours before bedtime. I can go a day or two without but after that it is back to fistfulls of tums

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Twisted2v

Established Member
I'd recommend digestive enzymes, probiotics, and L-glutamine. While not a short term fix, these may contribute toward an actual cure.

You may also need an h pylori test, and whatever else they have.

Look up GERD and low stomach acid/bacterial overgrowth/lack of enzymes. The doctors and big pharma want you on the RX's and continual appointments.

ArabianOak

Established Member
I cured my acid reflux by taking 2 spoons of raw honey in the morning on an empty stomach and 2 more at night right before bed on a full stomach. Took about a week to cure but I can eat anything now with zero issues. And there is no side effects like pills give you!

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I'd recommend digestive enzymes, probiotics, and L-glutamine. While not a short term fix, these may contribute toward an actual cure.

Look up GERD and low stomach acid/bacterial overgrowth/lack of enzymes. The doctors and big pharma want you on the RX's and continual appointments.
Source for this amazing tin foil hat recommendation?

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I used to have really bad GERD. Like waking up with it spraying out of my nose bad. Went to a GI doctor a friend who is in the medical field recommended and got scoped. No ulcers but did see some erosion. Nexium once daily helped but I didn't want to stay on it long term, I take enough medicine for other issues as it is. Lost weight, stay away from fried and greasy foods and dairy, dont eat too late, and it's much much better.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
It's the basics of gut health.

Previcid every day certainly hasn't cured anything for you. Your doc has his own tin foil plan for you.
So you have no sources to back up your claim. All I have found has disputed your post. So post up something to back it up or admit you are talking out of your ass

allister

Established Member
I used to wake up in the middle of the night sick with acid reflex. It was an ongoing thing for me for a little while.

Cutting all dairy, not eating big meals a few hours before bedtime and cutting back on drinking have pretty much cured me.

hostile500

Established Member
Stress is a huge factor in stomach acid, I have tried every heart burn medication out there and nothing seemed to work. The only things that i have found to neutralize the acid almost instantly is a tablespoon of baking soda and a glass of water, or eating carrots. The baking soda and water isn't great for you digestion but it kills the acid within a minute or two. After you get done burping. Hope this helps

cj428mach

Established Member
It sounds like you probably do have acid reflux since you are actually spitting up stuff.

I was going to recommend getting your gallbladder checked. I battled what I and the doctor thought was acid reflux for several months. If I'd lay down I'd wake up with burning in my throat and pain in my chest. If I'd go down to the couch and sit up for a while the pain would go away and I could sleep. As soon as I'd lay down again boom the pain would come back.

Eventually it got to where the pain was there for the first part of the morning after getting up and would go away mid morning. Finally getting to the point to where one day the pain was there in the morning and just never went away, actually building through out the day. After a trip to the ER and surgery the doctors found out my gallbladder had a stone the size of an egg in it, was infected, and actually had gangrene.

After they removed my gallbladder all has been well.

Never_Enough

Established Member

None of the probiotics ever worked for me FWIW

Rare40th

Established Member
Dang sorry to hear. Went through a similar situation about 7 years ago (I was 18), turned out to be an ulcer. They prescribed me to take regular OTC Omeprazole and then I was limited to dieting of basically water, soup and anything with low sodium. I think my max sodium levels could only be 300mg which is nothing.

I dropped from about 195-147 lbs within a couple of months. It took about 8-10 months before I finally ate regular food and stopped using the meds.

Best of luck man

CV355

_
Established Member
I know you will find this offensive but...
Coming to a car forum to ask about medical care is like asking a whore for investment advice.

Haha, no offense taken. I like to weigh out opinions and personal experiences while getting a professional opinion as well. Plus, there's a wide variety of professions on this site. I have a doctor's appointment next week.

change your diet. my guess is that you don't eat too healthy...

I'd say I eat "relatively healthy." My wife does amazing home cooked meals with all fresh ingredients. I skip breakfast most days. Lunch is my bad habit but it has gotten tremendously better over the past year. My big vice has been coffee and I've even cut that back to 1 small cup a day. I don't drink alcohol, smoke, etc.

JimCSHO

Established Member
Great. All thus GERD talk, had my endoscopy on Monday to check on the Barrett's Esophagus and last night, major hit of reflux! I haven't had an episode in years.

I am not reading threads like this ever again!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Maximum strength Zantac is all I take. One in the morning and one before bed. Still not perfect, but much better than any prescription I've been on and with less side effects.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Maximum strength Zantac is all I take. One in the morning and one before bed. Still not perfect, but much better than any prescription I've been on and with less side effects.

Definitely easier on you than PPIs/Prilosec/Omeprazole...Zantac/Ranitidine is basically an antihistamine.

Gravik

Established Member
I used to get acid reflux. I cut 99% of dairy products I was used out of my diet and I rarely if ever have acid reflux anymore.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread