Acrylic cylinders or aquariums

I just bought a 44 gallon corner fish tank and have an idea for it. I have been looking all over the place for an acrylic cylinder with a solid base that is 2 feet tall, with a diameter of about 12 inches or so. I have found a few aquarium setups with these dimensions but they are a bit pricey for what they are. Does anyone know where I could find just the plane acrylic cylinder with the above dimensions? It also must be thick enough acrylic to withstand the pressure of being submerged into an aquarium.

viper82489

Established Member
How much were the ones you've seen? Acrylic tubing that big isnt very cheap, the cheapest Ive seen is about $120 a foot for 1/4'' wall. It goes up to $220 a foot for 1/2'' wall, and you still need to get a sheet of acrylic for the base. so your best bet would probably be to buy one already made.

How much were the ones you've seen? Acrylic tubing that big isnt very cheap, the cheapest Ive seen is about $120 a foot for 1/4'' wall. It goes up to $220 a foot for 1/2'' wall, and you still need to get a sheet of acrylic for the base. so your best bet would probably be to buy one already made.

Thats what I am looking at trying to do, do you think they have the tube with a solid base already attached? I am looking at putting a terrarium inside of an aquarium so 1/4 thick should work for the 44 gallon corner aquarium I have. Those prices are a little cheaper than what I have found, were those for the tubes with a base or just the tubing?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Your idea sound great. Can't wait to see a photo of the finished project. That should be a real conversation starter for sure. :)

What are you trying to do?

I have a 44 gallon corner aquarium, the plan is to build a terrarium inside of the aquarium. Basically it's going to be the aquarium with a clear tube coming up in the middle, from the bottom. Inside of it will be some sand and drift wood for a small habitat for a veiled chameleon hopefully. Should look pretty cool being able to look into the aquarium and see the fish plus the terrarium. I searched google for a bit and have never seen it done before.

Users who are viewing this thread