Added a Z28 to the Stable

atxjustice6r

Established Member
Like its been said. A full exhaust w/o cats and a big ass cam would be tits! I wouldn't spend my money on one simply because I have no interest in road racing but it's a really nice looking and properly set up car. I do hate those wheels though. Congrats OP, you're clearly doing something right.

Copper&Black

Established Member
This Son of a bitch squats and goooooes. I am really digging it.

2.5 days mileage

F7AC2E27-4B52-468D-87C9-9F5555108EEA_zpshrqnyrwp.jpg

Last edited:

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
OP, what a fantastic pair, congrats on the new addition.

Just for you bud.

He-Man.gif

View attachment 42580

Agreed. The Z would've pulled hard up top.

NO. Here's what happened before they supposedly just "changed tire pressure" on the Z:

The track was a little bit wet because it had rained all night. The Nissan was first to run, and after four hot laps, Randy's best time around Barber's 2.4-mile circuit was 1:36.45. Next up was the potent Porsche, and it clicked off a quicker lap time of 1:36.34, beating the GT-R Track by 0.11 second. Finally, it was the Camaro's time to shine, but the best Randy could muster was 1:37.28. So there you go. The Camaro Z/28 lost to the bonkers Nissan and the German superfreak. The Chevy put up a good fight, but America, it seems, simply can't compete.

I don't care what GM-loving Motor Trend says...if you go out on a track day and try to run with either of those cars in a stock Z/28, it will not go well.

Anyway, congrats on the pick-up OP, lovely car.

You guys do realize the official stock 1/4 time of the z is 12.3@117 right ? a whopping 3 tenths faster than a heavier 1LE. an Intake/Tune/e85 5.0 can easily run high 11's low 12's.

As I've said before said and I'll say it again.

The straight line performance numbers of the z/28 don't show how "amazing" the LS7 is as much as it shows how impressive the engineering of the c6z is. That being said, the last thing the z/28 was intended for was to run well straight line, a very lightly modded 5.0 should have no problem running with one and I have no doubts that a heavier modified NA 5.0 would walk one with ease. Not sure why this comes as a surprise.

Last edited:

KyleSVT

Terminated
Established Member
Epic ride. Just saw one in person the other day and it sounds so epic with the stock exhuast
[video=youtube;GeLO8WiXMgs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeLO8WiXMgs[/video]

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You guys do realize the official stock 1/4 time of the z is 12.3@117 right ? a whopping 3 tenths faster than a heavier 1LE. an Intake/Tune/e85 5.0 can easily run high 11's low 12's.

As I've said before said and I'll say it again.

The straight line performance numbers of the z/28 don't show how "amazing" the LS7 is as much as it shows how impressive the engineering of the c6z is. That being said, the last thing the z/28 was intended for was to run well straight line, a very lightly modded 5.0 should have no problem running with one and I have no doubts that a heavier modified NA 5.0 would walk one with ease. Not sure why this comes as a surprise.

Relax brosephio, i was just messing wih bambi, since he came in here beating his chest at hanging with one. I actually do believe it... Lol...

Users who are viewing this thread